Barts PE not working. Says missing file, why?????

Have a Barts PE CD that a friend made for me with Windows XP with SP2.
Worked fine on my other PC's. Now have 2 new PC's with SATA drives.
Should still work.

However when I boot on both PC's (different brands) I end up getting
an error with Barts PE loading on Bootup stating file
\i386\system32\biosinfo.inf could not be found. Error 256.
It is indeed there on the CD.

Not sure why. Tried to research it and Microsoft talks about Norton (do

not have) and other programs but Bart does not even get that far if it
boots correctly since it is booting mostly off the Bart CD.

Ideas? Driving me insane.

Thanks,
Patty

Start PE Builder (pebuilder.exe). At the main PE Builder dialog, enter the
source path to your original Windows XP/2003 Installation/Setup CD. You can
use the "..." button to navigate. If your Windows XP is not integrated with
service pack 1 or 2, you must slipstream your files first.
Please read Slipstreaming files from the help files to do this.
You will also need to slipstream the SATA drivers in

peterk

<pattyjamas@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Have a Barts PE CD that a friend made for me with Windows XP with SP2.
> Worked fine on my other PC's. Now have 2 new PC's with SATA drives.
> Should still work.
>

> However when I boot on both PC's (different brands) I end up getting
> an error with Barts PE loading on Bootup stating file
> \i386\system32\biosinfo.inf could not be found. Error 256.
> It is indeed there on the CD.
>

> Not sure why. Tried to research it and Microsoft talks about Norton (do
>
> not have) and other programs but Bart does not even get that far if it
> boots correctly since it is booting mostly off the Bart CD.
>

> Ideas? Driving me insane.
>

> Thanks,
> Patty

Had done the above 3 times with 2 CD's that have SP2 on them. Same
result but thank you.
Peter

Had done the above 3 times with 2 CD's that have SP2 on them. Same
result but thank you.
Patty

Sorry my boyfriend typed in the reply. I had to hit him in the head for
not signing my name.
Patty

I am not talking about SP2 ...I was talking about the drivers that should
have come with your motherboard.The ones that needed to be installed during
the XP installation process.On my ASUS mobo I need to load the SiliconeImage
SATA drivers during the XP install.These drivers need to be part of the
slipstreamed package that you make to use in Barts CD.
What motherboard and which chipset are you using??? specifically for the
SATA HD??

> Sorry my boyfriend typed in the reply. I had to hit him in the head for
> not signing my name.
> Patty

TRENDING THREADS