bases on asteroids

Mag

Can bases built on asteroids (i.e. by privs, solorians) be attacked and
killed by SL and WCM?
What happens to the base if the asteroid is being turned back into a planet
by a Protomatter Cannon?

mag writes

>Can bases built on asteroids (i.e. by privs, solorians) be attacked and
>killed by SL and WCM?

I beleive they can if you target the BASE. Targeting the *Planet* may
not work. Try it and see? May want to try scripting it in ScriptZ0r. You
can edit the ScriptZ0r file by hand, where it says

"Begin Planet"

add a line saying

"state = 1"

(state 0 = 0 Normal One planet system, state = 1 means Asteroid field)

I can't recall if WCM's work in long range mode when targeting bases.
Maybe only with planets. It depends how Host code treats Asteroids (just
as a funny kind of planet?) Anyhow... try it and see... and let us know!

>What happens to the base if the asteroid is being turned back into a planet
>by a Protomatter Cannon?

I'm sure I saw that it is destroyed, and al the people die etc, in a
recent Host update's notes, or Tim' discussion of it in the newsgroup /
mailing list.
--
Paul Honigmann

mag wrote:

> What happens to the base if the asteroid is being turned back into a planet
> by a Protomatter Cannon?

See a Pirat Base disappear (destroyed) after the PM cannon build a new
planet. So think the Bases are always destroyed.

Bye-Bye JoSch.