Question Basic Fan Recommendations

zomboromano

Reputable
Jan 27, 2018
I have an HP Omen 30L with a Ryzen 3600 (See at Best Buy for $949).

I was running idle temperatures between 43 and 50c.

I attempted to install an Artic Freezer 34 Esports Duo, and it wouldn't fit in my case.

I put new thermal paste on, now I'm idling between 38c and 42c. But I do normal web browsing around 50 or 55c.

1: Do these temperatures seem normal?

2: Are there any smaller basic fans, that I would simply screw in with little to no installation, that are much better than the stock fan? The HP Omen fan is okay, it did come in my gaming pc, so better than some stock fans I'm sure, but it would be nice to upgrade and save my computer a few degrees while gaming. I can't fit a big monster in but if there's a smaller plug and play fan that seems to be pretty easy to install, I might be interested, especially around $50 or less.

Thanks!

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)Yes.

2A)Hard for me to say, since I'm not familiar with the chassis and which fan sizes are supported.
2B)Wouldn't do anything, since Ryzen 3000 behaves nothing like Intel or the older Ryzen cpus.
These things behave like Nvidia's gpus. Even if you were able to improve airflow somehow, by a reasonable amount, the cpu would see it as an opportunity to boost a little higher, and you'd be back to square one.

zomboromano

Reputable
Jan 27, 2018
1)Yes.

2A)Hard for me to say, since I'm not familiar with the chassis and which fan sizes are supported.
2B)Wouldn't do anything, since Ryzen 3000 behaves nothing like Intel or the older Ryzen cpus.
These things behave like Nvidia's gpus. Even if you were able to improve airflow somehow, by a reasonable amount, the cpu would see it as an opportunity to boost a little higher, and you'd be back to square one.

I don't know the right terminology. But it simply screws in on all 4 sides 4 screws. No clips. Seems like a very basic set up if that helps. If it would help for me to get a picture I can.