Question BASIC home server

Sep 6, 2019
looking to set up a very basic home server system specifically to intake and store. 1080p video from a surveillance camera.

I have an old LGA775 motherboard and an equally old dual core e5400 cpu i think should be plenty capable and not use much power. Board has 2x1gb memory installed and i have a quadro fx580 and lcd monitor (no real need for it but i have it anyway)

Probably even have a 500gb hard drive somewhere. 1080p is 2gb/hr or so from most info i find so 230+hrs or so of video plus OS.
Need a power supply which I'm looking for locally used.
At one point the system even had a GTX670 oc in it and ran games like WOT at low/med settings so im sure it can handle basic video throughput

Wondering what my best options are for running the system in terms of software. Assuming the basic route of a windows 10 install what works as a good program for intaking and storing live video feed? And ideally would be capable of purging old file blocks as the memory fills so i dont have to manually delete files weekly as it fills.
System doesn't need to be connected to the internet, cloud storage etc, just want a basic piece of hardware to take in and store video 24/7 and self cycle out old video and new comes in. I had a motorcycle stolen a couple years back and never recovered. finally got another one and want to make sure i have footage of anything happening around it this time.