Batch file, Registry Modification.

I have about 800 users that has to have their registrys all modified. I have
to create two keys for each machine so they can hit our WSUS server. None of
the users are local admins on thier machines. I need to find a way to create
a batch file that will run and modify each of thier machines with an admin
account. Is there a run as command or soemthing i can add to the batch file
so it will run with administrative privlages? Be aware that this batch file
must include no user interaction. I have tried numerous things. the one that
works best for our org is

"regedit /s c:\"regfilename"

But this will not fun if a user isnt a local admin on thier machine.

Randy Temple wrote:

> I have about 800 users that has to have their registrys all modified. I have
> to create two keys for each machine so they can hit our WSUS server. None of
> the users are local admins on thier machines. I need to find a way to create
> a batch file that will run and modify each of thier machines with an admin
> account. Is there a run as command or soemthing i can add to the batch file
> so it will run with administrative privlages? Be aware that this batch file
> must include no user interaction. I have tried numerous things. the one that
> works best for our org is
>
> "regedit /s c:\"regfilename"
>
> But this will not fun if a user isnt a local admin on thier machine.
Hi,

I assume the computers are not in an Active Directory domain as you
need to do the registry edits yourself instead of using AD Group
Policy.

Different RunAs products listed here, some free and some not, some
with encryption option for the password as well:

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?selm=3FE0B42C.773CA875%40hydro.com

Other ones not mentioned in the link above:

SUperior SU (free, has a command line iterface)
http://www.stefan-kuhr.de/supsu/main.php3

Supercrypt (as well as LSrunas/LSrunasE)
http://www.lansweeper.com/ls/lsrunas.aspx

Runasspc
http://www.robotronic.de/runasspcEn.html

You may also want to check out PolicyMaker Application Security
(previously NeoExec), the main difference is that it does not require
the use of a second account, as most other RunAs derivatives requires.

PolicyMaker Application Security
http://www.desktopstandard.com/PolicyMakerApplicationSecurity.aspx

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Torgeir,

Thanks for the info. You are correct currently we are not in an AD
enviornment. What i am attempting to do is create a file "more of an exe
than a .bat" and push it with SMS. The problme is if i put Regedit /s Path
to reg file in a batch file and push with SMS i still get access denied to
the registry even if i set the package installation to run with admin
privlages. I will go through each site to see which one will work best. If
you know of another way to do this with SMS please let me know.

Randy Temple wrote:

> Torgeir,
>
> Thanks for the info. You are correct currently we are not in an AD
> enviornment. What i am attempting to do is create a file "more of an exe
> than a .bat" and push it with SMS. The problme is if i put Regedit /s Path
> to reg file in a batch file and push with SMS i still get access denied to
> the registry even if i set the package installation to run with admin
> privlages. I will go through each site to see which one will work best. If
> you know of another way to do this with SMS please let me know.

Hi,

SMS should have no problem doing this, but I am not the right person
to give you any advice on how.

I suggest you post your question to a newsgroup dedicated to SMS.

The Microsoft SMS newsgroups are listed here:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/newsgroups/server/sms.mspx

I would think the "SMS Software Distribution" group would be the best
group to post to for this issue.

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: