Batman AC Performance Issues

gamer2121

Distinguished
May 13, 2012
For some reason Batman AC steam version stutters like crazy and causes my gtx 680 4GB ftw to use like 19 percent of the gpu when it does(I thought the Patch corrected dx11 issues a while back.) I am trying to play in dx11. I have an i7 2600k cpu overclocked to 4.5GHZ,8 GB RAM,1TB HDD,Win 7 x64 Ultimate. Please someone help me get to the bottom of this. Thanks guys

RhatcherMD

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
I had similar issues - on Radeon 6950, i5, 4GB 1333 MHz Ram, Samsung Spinpoint 1TB - although this would only happen, funnily enough, when fights had ended, when batman was just staring at a blank wall. This didnt bother me enough to avoid finishing the game, but ive always wondered.

My thoughts are:
- RAM is too slow, trying to swap too much in or out
And/or
- HDD is too slow, RAM is paging.

What type is your RAM?

absxiith

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
Patch the game (if you haven't) and in C:\Users\'Your PC Name'\My Documents (the next folder locations are ones I am not too sure of)\WBGames\batman or batman arkham city\bmgame\Config,delete the files bmgame,bmengine and userengine.Start the game,re-configure your graphics settings and post back with your results.I found this via EVGA's forums.All credit goes to them.

Hope this helps.:)

gamer2121

Distinguished
May 13, 2012

Thanks a lot for the advice. Are you implying that I have to manually patch the steam version of the game? That's the one I have and it is certainly on automatic updates. Do you have to get the patches from Games for Windows Live? I will def try deleting those files though.
How do you know for sure if patches were installed? Where is the indication of that? I don't see anything on the title screen letting me know.

gamer2121

Distinguished
May 13, 2012
Question: Do I have to log into windows live to get the patches for batman ac steam version or does steam do all the updating for me? I had to for Bioshock 2 so I had to ask for certainty. Thanks