Question Battery and Charging Types (PowerIQ, Dash Charging, etc...)

Tslap

Commendable
Jun 30, 2017
Hey guys,

So I'm considering on buying the OnePlus 7 Pro eventually, but I noticed that they have a charging technology (dash charging) that allows for the phone charge super quickly. I'm just wondering what the differences are between PowerIQ and Dash Charging as I'm seeing a lot of PowerIQ mentioning on Amazon and such. I think that's the charging technology that Samsung phones use right?

Can the OnePlus 7 Pro use a battery/power bank that has PowerIQ? The answer is probably yes, except it won't be able to use the full potential of a power bank that has PowerIQ capabilities because it's not supported right? Maybe I just answered my own question... But please confer with me if I'm correct.

Anyway lastly, I was wondering if anyone could comment a link to a really great battery that would be a great pairing with the OnePlus 7 Pro and any other devices such as possibly a laptop (USB-C) and a Nintendo Switch, or anything else. A good general battery that has a reasonable fast charging time and a big capacity.

Thanks!

Sagar_20

Reputable
Jun 29, 2016
Dash charging is oppo's technology and only available in oppo and oneplus phones, but with different names (vooc and dash)
It has the potential to charge the phone at max 4A x 5V = 20 W

Keep in mind, dash charging is not the standard and no power bank can fast charge it.
At best, it will take 1.3 A x 5 V= 6.5 W if charged with a QC 3 supported fast charger.

The standard is qualcomm Quick charge and most fast charging android devices use that only.

Oneplus 7 pro is not a long lasting phone, but if you you like the performance and pop up camera, then go for it.
Anker Power core 26800 is the best power bank you can get.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tslap

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS