Question Battery charging issue

Apr 26, 2021
I have an old Toshiba Satellite laptop (L755-S5110) with battery issues. I bought a new battery from Amazon which seems to work. (Around the same time I upgraded the laptop from Win7 to Windows 10.) When I put in the new battery, Windows 10 declared that the battery was almost dead (no surprise) and that it would be fully charged in 22 minutes (what?!?). I left it charging for a couple of hours, then came back to look at it. Windows declared that it was fully charged, but when I yanked the power cord out, the battery state suddenly dropped to 18%. The battery proceeded to hold the computer up for a good while--an hour or two. I then let it charge overnight... same thing--it says the battery is fully charged, but if I pull the power cord out, it suddenly drops to 18% charge.

One thing I noticed is that the new battery says it is 11.1v, whereas the previous one said 10.8v. Furthermore, when I look online for batteries for this model (the original battery model # is PA3817U-1BRS ) I see some with 10.8v and others with 11.1v. Does that make any real difference to the computer? If not, how can I get the new battery to 1) fully charge, 2) report fully charged, and 3) act fully charged? Or is this battery somehow flaky too?

Apr 26, 2021
Well... never mind... I tried it again and this time when I yanked the power cord out, the charge remained at 100% and then started dropping appropriately. I'm going to disable all the power-saving features and time it to dying. The reviews for this particular battery on Amazon were not encouraging...