Question Battery drains fast but also charges very fast

Nov 30, 2018
Hello. My laptop's battery is 4400mah, i bought it in October but, I haven't used it more than 20 times since then. I am using my laptop with the battery removed from it. The problem is that it only lasts about 20-25 minutes. When I bought it, it used to last for 3 hours, but now it drains really fast, and also when I charge it only needs 25-30 minutes to fully charge. Anything I can do about it?

original battery or a "copy"?
if a copy, it's probably not a good copy and was probably quite cheap.
Anything cheap when it comes to batteries generally lie about their capacity.
EG original costs $100, copy cost $20 - no way that $20 has the same quality and standards as the $100. If copy is about 70% of original, then yet it may be a good one.

I forget which program, but isn't it AIDA that shows you the mA in a battery, max/charged and current?

Nov 30, 2018
original battery or a "copy"?
if a copy, it's probably not a good copy and was probably quite cheap.
Anything cheap when it comes to batteries generally lie about their capacity.
EG original costs $100, copy cost $20 - no way that $20 has the same quality and standards as the $100. If copy is about 70% of original, then yet it may be a good one.

I forget which program, but isn't it AIDA that shows you the mA in a battery, max/charged and current?
Well the first battery I had died and after some years I decided to buy a replacement. I bought it from Amazon and it was like 30$. The whole laptop cost 400$, so how could the battery cost 100$?
I don't know the program, if you remember it's name please tell me

Well the first battery I had died and after some years I decided to buy a replacement. I bought it from Amazon and it was like 30$. The whole laptop cost 400$, so how could the battery cost 100$?
I don't know the program, if you remember it's name please tell me
Because Batteries are generally 25% cost of the overall product, so my random numbers are pretty correct
as I said I think it was Aida

Last edited:
Reactions: ioanniskappes