Battery drop when power off laptop why?

Matoo69

Honorable
Jan 22, 2017
So laptop is connected to power supply,and i shut it down i disconnect power supplay and everything else and i put laptop a side,when i want to use it i first connect power supply then i press power button and i se the battery was down 1% ehy?how?

Lutfij

Titan
We're going to need a little more information. Make and model of your laptop and it's SKU(the sticker under your laptop)? How old is the laptop in question? If the laptop is old(by a few years) and you didn't replace the battery ever since the laptop was purchased, then you might need to replace the battery.

On another note, you might want to also see if the rest of your laptop is hot, i.e, if the power input area feel warm or hot to the touch. What OS are you working with?

Reactions: Matoo69

Matoo69

Honorable
Jan 22, 2017
We're going to need a little more information. Make and model of your laptop and it's SKU(the sticker under your laptop)? How old is the laptop in question? If the laptop is old(by a few years) and you didn't replace the battery ever since the laptop was purchased, then you might need to replace the battery.

On another note, you might want to also see if the rest of your laptop is hot, i.e, if the power input area feel warm or hot to the touch. What OS are you working with?

hey the laptop is brand new a week
Old is acer nitro 5 an515-55-76xc,but it drop only for 1%

windows 10

Last edited:

Matoo69

Honorable
Jan 22, 2017
hey so yestarday i want to try this again to see if battery drop.... i click power off and when i click poweroff i disconect powercable from laptop and keep conected mouse and cooling pad after few secend laptop shutdown then this morning i first connect powercable and see orange lamp so i know the battery drop i power laptop on immediately and conenct all cable and check battery battery was drop to 98% is this good? is this normal? if you need i can post a video thanks

mike the car guy

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
Yes, I too have faced this issue a few times even after disabling the fast boot option. The laptop doesn't shutdown properly. I generally leave my speaker jack to the laptop. After shutting down the laptop, the HDD usage light continues to glow and there is some current passing through the audio jack making a noise through the speakers. I assume that the laptop has not shutdown and it continues to discharge until none is left. This issue has started only after installing Windows 10.

There are a lot of other issues with handling power. Another one such thing is the laptop doesn't respond if left inactive for long durations of time. The screen is turned off and nothing responds, I have to do a forced shutdown ( the system is still running for some reason) by holding down the power button. I had changed the power options to never go to sleep or hibernate when connected to charger, but this still continues to happen. Windows 10 is really testing my patience.

I'm glad it's only testing your patience, it failed mine long ago.

On perhaps a more helpful note, when I recently had to refurb a Win 10 laptop due to a failing HD, I obviously had to reinstall Windows due to to a new hard drive. Clearly the new SSD played a role, but it sure seemed like the MS windows install is somewhat different than the Dell one. Yeah, both win 10, but the OEMs tweak things a bit, not necessarily for the best. An ancient Toshiba with a new HD using the then included restore disc was different too, but more slightly different than better or worse. But the more recent Dell would often not shut down right with the Dell/MS operating system, those problems haven't manifested themselves with the new HD and MS win 10.

Last edited by a moderator:

TRENDING THREADS