Battery indicator doesn't show real battery level

LauLares

Commendable
Mar 3, 2016
Hello.

I have a MSI GS60-2QD laptop. I've had it for one year and never had any problem with it.

This morning I used the laptop at the Uni just fine. The battery behaved normally, as well as the battery indicator. When I stored the laptop in my backpack to go home it stated that it had around 25% battery, which was correct judging by the time it was unplugged and the usage given.

When I arrived home and turned on the laptop (unplugged), the battery indicator at the bottom right on the screen showed a 100% charge, which immediately seemed strange to me. I used the laptopt unplugged and, as expected, in around 30 minutes or so (that is, the normal time it would last unplugged if it was at 25% charge as it really was), it turned off. I plugged it to charge it and the indicator kept giving wrong numbers.

I've tried using the MSI Battery Calibrator program but to no avail, because since for some reason now the laptopt doesn't "recognise" the real level of charge, this program cannot determine the level properly.

Trying to fix it, I turned off the laptop and left it plugged and charging for a couple of hours, to make sure it got full charge.

When I unplugged, the battery indicator said it was at 100%. An hour has passed since that, and I've been using it (unplugged), and it still says 100%. It doesn't change.

What can I do to fix the problem and what may be the cause? It is really weird because this morning it worked properly and I haven't installed anything...

I've also ran the MalwareBytes just to make sure the laptop is clean and it is.

One more thing, in this laptop model the battery cannot be removed.

Thank you in advance, I hope someone can help me fix this.

Regards.

LauLares

Commendable
Mar 3, 2016

I've tried that but it doesn't do anything. It still says 100%.

thegreatcaleb

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015

huh, man this has gotten me stumped.
try finding a 3rd party application to see what your laptop battery is it