marc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have an Inspiron 8000 laptop PC and one day my battery won't recharge
anymore. I've had this laptop for almost 4 years now. Please help me out

Hello

Have you called the mfg of the laptop and get some technical
support from them. Have you tried replacing the battery like
purcahse a new one. You should really contatc the maker of
who made your laptop

Alvin

Marc wrote:

> I have an Inspiron 8000 laptop PC and one day my battery won't recharge
> anymore. I've had this laptop for almost 4 years now. Please help me out

marc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hey Alvin. I was going to call Dell but I was wondering if there was
something I could do on the computer. I guess the battery died? Regardless,
thanks for your imput.

Marc

Batteries hold less and less charge over a period of time. Consider yourself
lucky if your battery has lasted you 4 years.

Either replace your battery OR you can try having the old one reconditioned
but I doubt that a 4 year old battery is worth reconditioning.

Buy yourself a new battery, man. Don't be a miser!

Here a parable...

A man kept working out how much his donkey cost him in feed and decided to
try and reduce his costs by feeding the donkey less and less until at long
last he had the donkey surviving on almost nothing.

Then one day suddenly the donkey dropped down in the throes of death. And
the man said= "Oh, no, don't die on me now when I have thought you how to
survive on more or less nothing!"
--
choro-nik
********
"Marc" <Marc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an Inspiron 8000 laptop PC and one day my battery won't recharge
> anymore. I've had this laptop for almost 4 years now. Please help me out

Reconditioned batteries are usually better than manufacturer replacements.
Manufacturers eventually stop making batteries for a particular model. They
keep a boatload of spares for parts resale. These batteries, in his case,
are probably 3 years old themselves. Even unused batteries lose their
capability to hold a charge. A reconditioned opens your battery pack &
replaces the old cells (probably Nickel Cadmium) with new cells (usually
Lithium Ion.) Stick with a reputable reconditioner and you should be better
off than before.

"choro-nik" <choro-nik@tvcom.net> wrote in message
> Batteries hold less and less charge over a period of time. Consider
yourself
> lucky if your battery has lasted you 4 years.
>
> Either replace your battery OR you can try having the old one
reconditioned
> but I doubt that a 4 year old battery is worth reconditioning.
>
> Buy yourself a new battery, man. Don't be a miser!
>
> Here a parable...
>
> A man kept working out how much his donkey cost him in feed and decided to
> try and reduce his costs by feeding the donkey less and less until at long
> last he had the donkey surviving on almost nothing.
>
> Then one day suddenly the donkey dropped down in the throes of death. And
> the man said= "Oh, no, don't die on me now when I have thought you how to
> survive on more or less nothing!"
> --
> choro-nik
> ********
> "Marc" <Marc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have an Inspiron 8000 laptop PC and one day my battery won't recharge
> > anymore. I've had this laptop for almost 4 years now. Please help me
out

It seems pretty clear to me that your battery has died, though try
calling up some tecnical support in your area and get the batteries
tested.

--
SaN-DeePTech-Arena - http://www.tech-arena.com