[SOLVED] Battery/Power related problem

arshajib

Prominent
Mar 23, 2019
I am having battery/power problems with my Acer Aspire E14, E5-471.

I was having power problem, laptop was disconnecting from AC power. Problem would be solved if i just pressed/rotated the power pin near the charging port. I thought it was power adapter problem, so I purchased one. But the problem got worse. Battery wouldn't hold charge. Then Laptop kept shutting down suddenly and very rapidly. Very very rarely (1 or 2% of the time, IDK) it can be used (stays open) for several hours, until it shuts down evantually. This problem happened/developed over a timespan of 3 or 4 months, i’d say.
I knew that Laptops can be used with direct ac power without the battery. Just noticed that my laptop doesn’t get power while the battery is out.

I have a desktop, so I don’t rely on the laptop that much. But I’d like to have it back for emergency/ vacations. I am not exactly hoping for a solution online, it would be awosome though. Just seeking your insight on the problem.

Laptop keypad had problems. Which was replaced from service center. And I told them about the problem at that time. They didn’t care much & didn't look for the problem, or didn't found it, I suppose. They just said they didn’t have replacement battery. Laptop speaker stopped working after replacing the battery. I didn’t notice that at that moment because I didn’t play anything to check the sound. Anyway, that’s not the problem here, just saying in details if it helps. Windows 10 OS, Intel core i5, 4 GB RAM. Please let me know if you need to know anything else to better understand the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
You said "speaker stopped working after replacing the battery", so did you replace the battery? If you did, and it was an Acer model one then issue may be with the charging connection on the motherboard. Could also be a bad motherboard, those cause random shutdowns often.
You said "speaker stopped working after replacing the battery", so did you replace the battery? If you did, and it was an Acer model one then issue may be with the charging connection on the motherboard. Could also be a bad motherboard, those cause random shutdowns often.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS