Question Battery problem

Mar 14, 2019
I have an Asus X551MA which I haven't used for about 18 months. When I switched it on this last weekend, the battery would not charge up.

The charge light would show steady orange and then after a while it would start flashing and the battery indicator on the system stray would change from "Plugged in, charging" to "Plugged in, not charging". And even though it would say it was charging, it wouldn't actually show anything other than 0%.

I have tried leaving it charging overnight which did nothing, I have tried going into Device Manager and removing the battery listings under the Computer section and then restarting, but this didn't work either.

Can someone offer some help, please?

If i have to I'll buy a replacement battery, but ASUS said they don't sell internal batteries and I doubt it's possible to buy OEM batteries anywhere else for this machine now, so all that's available is cheapo chinese knock-offs.

Asus did suggest refreshing Windows but I'd like to leave tha as asecond-to-last resort if possible.

Thanks

Mar 14, 2019
Yeah but that's my problem. The only batteries available now are cheapo chinese knockoffs, not OEMs.

Oh well, beggars can't be choosers and I'm sure it's cheaper than buying a new laptop.

Thanks for the input, though.