Question Battery wear level (Lenovo C930 Glass) - patience needed - long post :)

Keano16

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2015
Hello everyone,

I am writing here desperately to see if I am crazy or Lenovo is crazy.

So, in 07/2019 I have bought Lenovo C930 Glass. In following weeks I was following how my notebook is performing and I have noticed increasing in battery wear level (measured in HWmonitor, Lenovo Vantage and Lenovo battery report via CMD). Battery wear level was up to 6%, I have emailed my local Lenovo service partner and after couple of days they have informed me that Lenovo approved battery replacement (without any additional tests, at the wear level of 6%). This was in 10/2019.

And you must be curious what is the problem?

Long story short:
new battery after couple of days of usage started losing it's capacity. Now, in 04/2020 wear level is about 25%. That means I have lost 1/4 of the capacity of 2000 USD worth notebook in just 6 months (since 10/2019). Maybe this is joke to Lenovo, but it is no joke for me.

Lenovo now changes approach: it is no longer important that my wear level is 25%, now they say that only relevant information is status of the battery in Lenovo Vantage (status says "Battery is in good condition"). But why they did not ask for this status in 10/2019 when they approved battery replacement just via email communication without any testing at wear level of just 6%? Strange...

Current situation:
Full charge capacity: 47890 mWh
Designed capacity: 60060 mWh
Wear level: 21%

Can someone experienced please advise me what to do?
Coud charger be the problem?

Thanks so much for any kind of valuable feedback!