Battle For Middle Earth 2 Error - Exception in Exception Handler

Ghoulio

Reputable
Sep 8, 2014
Bought this game off ebay and when I try to play the first splash screen comes up then my screen goes black like it should when a game is loading but then I get 2 error boxes saying "Exception in exception handler" but those 2 error messages will not show on my screen, I have to mouse over them in my taskbar to see them. I then get a message that does show on my screen which says "The Battle for Middle-earth II has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available. That message has a close window button.

I've tried to run it in compatibility mode for all versions of windows. I've tried to run it as administrator. I've tried the steps at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VSnvCMKyuA and tried to run it with my integrated graphics instead of my geforce 820M. I've update my graphics drivers for both the integrated and nvidia cards. I've tried creating a Options.ini file. I don't know what else to do. The game is not made by ea anymore so I know they will not help me.

Help me Tom's Hardware, You're my only hope.

Edit: forgot to add that I have tried uninstall then reinstall.

Solution
I figured it out. I searched for the error on Google and finally found that someone had this problem with a different game and thy went into the Nvidia graphics properties then set global property to always use the Nvidia card. That fixed it :0

Ghoulio

Reputable
Sep 8, 2014
I figured it out. I searched for the error on Google and finally found that someone had this problem with a different game and thy went into the Nvidia graphics properties then set global property to always use the Nvidia card. That fixed it :0

Solution