[SOLVED] Battle of the iGPUs - - - - Ryzen 5650G ($240) versus 4650G ($190) ?

Do you think a $50 additional for newer ryzen 5 g would be great? I cant find any benchmark on youtube for these 2 as their availability is a factor so I can't really tell, hard for me to find decent CPU benchmark sites

I am planning to build an entry-level gaming pc for my partner, and I am stuck at these ryzen 5s. The reason why we are going for Ryzen 5 pro G series is the powerful IGP that intel can't beat right now, we will use the IGP for now and when the time comes, the release of 4000 series (late 2022- early 2023) I will upgrade my GPU to 4070, and I will give her my old rx 580.

The choices:
5650g ($240) + 120gb Patriot Burst Elite SSD ($20)
4650g ($190) + 480gb Kingston NV1 M2 ($60)

Purpose: Virtual assistant work + Gaming low settings 720p
mid settings 1080p (after she gets my rx 580)
She is not really hardcore gamer, she plays apex, valorant atm, will introduce her to a lot of games in future

Build: These are the best ones at price points i have seen in my local shops, I think I am content in this build
AMD Ryzen 5 pro 4650G or 5650g (I really dont know how these pro Gs are cheap in my country, 5600G is $280)
Gigabyte A520M DS3H AC (wont go for asrock, and lower brand tier mobos. price different is not worth going for)
8gb Kingston Fury Beast RGB 3600 CL17 (surprisingly non rgb is just $2 cheaper)
Kingston NV1 500GB M.2
Cooler Master MWE v2 550W 80+ bronze $55 (hardest one is to look for PSU under 60$ . even at 70$ price range CM MWE is still far the best available in my country . Unfortunately there are no CM whites MWE here )

Upgrades: Q3 2022 - Q1 2023
another 8gb Kingston Fury Beast RGB 3600 CL17 sho she gets 16gb
His radeon RX 580
Seagate 1TB

Budget: This one is really complex, the price difference in my country is really bad.
the original budget was $400. My top is $500, and cant push anymore cause I have to spend another $180 for her peripherals (VA needs) + monitor. If I bought pc in US It would go like $400

Solution
Do you think a $50 additional for newer ryzen 5 g would be great? I cant find any benchmark on youtube for these 2 as their availability is a factor so I can't really tell, hard for me to find decent CPU benchmark sites

I am planning to build an entry-level gaming pc for my partner, and I am stuck at these ryzen 5s. The reason why we are going for Ryzen 5 pro G series is the powerful IGP that intel can't beat right now, we will use the IGP for now and when the time comes, the release of 4000 series (late 2022- early 2023) I will upgrade my GPU to 4070, and I will give her my old rx 580.

The choices:

Purpose: Virtual assistant work +...

The choices:

Purpose: Virtual assistant work + Gaming low settings 720p
mid settings 1080p (after she gets my rx 580)
She is not really hardcore gamer, she plays apex, valorant atm, will introduce her to a lot of games in future

Build: These are the best ones at price points i have seen in my local shops, I think I am content in this build
AMD Ryzen 5 pro 4650G or 5650g (I really dont know how these pro Gs are cheap in my country, 5600G is $280)
Gigabyte A520M DS3H AC (wont go for asrock, and lower brand tier mobos. price different is not worth going for)
8gb Kingston Fury Beast RGB 3600 CL17 (surprisingly non rgb is just $2 cheaper)
Kingston NV1 500GB M.2
Cooler Master MWE v2 550W 80+ bronze $55 (hardest one is to look for PSU under 60$ . even at 70$ price range CM MWE is still far the best available in my country . Unfortunately there are no CM whites MWE here )

Upgrades: Q3 2022 - Q1 2023
another 8gb Kingston Fury Beast RGB 3600 CL17 sho she gets 16gb
His radeon RX 580
Seagate 1TB

Budget: This one is really complex, the price difference in my country is really bad.
the original budget was $400. My top is $500, and cant push anymore cause I have to spend another $180 for her peripherals (VA needs) + monitor. If I bought pc in US It would go like $400
You would like to get a 5600G instead of 5650G, since the difference is on ECC support (non pro vs pro). 5600G is an absolute beast for ram overclocking, i could even get 4133 CL18 with tight subtimings at 1.4v with Hynix DJR chip real easy no sweat, stable till now. Unless you could get a hand on 5350G or 5300G, then 5600G is sweatest deal for you. Also dont just say Asrock a lower brand tier, If you happen to know Gigabyte budget mobo, it's bios have many flaws, also will make you difficult on tuning the ram itself.

I prefer to get a B450M Steel Legend, B450M Pro VDH Max, or B550M Pro4, they're pretty good for that APU. also get a pair of 16gb ram at 3600mhz, prolly avoid corsair because samsung c dies anywhere but if you happen to buy it offline then its fine, as long as the ver is not ver 4.32, you're good to go. I personally use Klevv Bolt XR 3600 since it's pretty darn good, guranteed to get a Hynix DJR (D-Die) which is awesome for overclocking.

Those B450M Motherboard i mentioned, you just need to update the bios to the one that have agesa 1.2.0.3, and install the latest amd chipset driver from amd web (should be ver 4.03.xxx), and you're good to go.

Solution
Do not pay more for integrated graphics unless you have no plans to ever upgrade to a discrete graphics card.
Integrated graphics, either amd or intel is plenty sufficient for desktop work and HD movie playback.
It is not really suitable for fast action gaming.
Look to the cpu characteristics that you would want for the long haul.
If need be, a simple GT1030 would be better.

It is a mistake to buy a single stick of ram, planning on upgrading later.
Ram must be from a matched kit to be guaranteed that it will work properly.
This is particularly true of ryzen which is tightly tied to ram.
A single stick of ram will operate in single channel mode, degrading both the cpu and gpu performance.
Find a way to buy your 2 x 8gb up front.

120gb is simply too small for the C drive.
Many things default to the C drive and when it nears full, performance and endurance will suffer.

Try to buy a quality psu in the 650w range to allow for a future gpu upgrade.
A quality psu is a long term investment.
Look for a 7 to 10 year warranty. Seasonic focus is good.

Reactions: Corwin65
You would like to get a 5600G instead of 5650G, since the difference is on ECC support (non pro vs pro). 5600G is an absolute beast for ram overclocking, i could even get 4133 CL18 with tight subtimings at 1.4v with Hynix DJR chip real easy no sweat, stable till now. Unless you could get a hand on 5350G or 5300G, then 5600G is sweatest deal for you. Also dont just say Asrock a lower brand tier, If you happen to know Gigabyte budget mobo, it's bios have many flaws, also will make you difficult on tuning the ram itself.

I prefer to get a B450M Steel Legend, B450M Pro VDH Max, or B550M Pro4, they're pretty good for that APU. also get a pair of 16gb ram at 3600mhz, prolly avoid corsair because samsung c dies anywhere but if you happen to buy it offline then its fine, as long as the ver is not ver 4.32, you're good to go. I personally use Klevv Bolt XR 3600 since it's pretty darn good, guranteed to get a Hynix DJR (D-Die) which is awesome for overclocking.

Those B450M Motherboard i mentioned, you just need to update the bios to the one that have agesa 1.2.0.3, and install the latest amd chipset driver from amd web (should be ver 4.03.xxx), and you're good to go.

We are not planning on overclocking ram or anything, she is not hardcore gamer, I am still introducing her to gaming. She only plays Apex and Valorant ATM. 5600g is $280 whereas 5650g is $40 cheaper. I still think ryzen 5 is too much for her, TBH if i had more budget id get her i3 12**F and 6500XT.

Apologies for not clear statement but I meant to say I wont go for Asrock ", and " other lower-tier brands such as ECS and Biostar (these are just what i know that have bad reputation for what I have seen in threads) The main reason why asrock is not in my choice, asrock brand is expensive here in my country because of its limited availability. Asus, Gigabyte, and MSI has acceptable price ranges.

B450M Pro VDH $10 more expensive than A520M DS3H AC. I also want to consider getting a mobo with wifi + bt which A520M DS3H AC got. I dont think gigabyte is a bad pick here when it comes to price and features that my partner needs.

B550M Pro4 looks great and has wifi but I don't think an additional $55 will be justifiable for our budget

Do not pay more for integrated graphics unless you have no plans to ever upgrade to a discrete graphics card.
Integrated graphics, either amd or intel is plenty sufficient for desktop work and HD movie playback.
It is not really suitable for fast action gaming.
Look to the cpu characteristics that you would want for the long haul.
If need be, a simple GT1030 would be better.

It is a mistake to buy a single stick of ram, planning on upgrading later.
Ram must be from a matched kit to be guaranteed that it will work properly.
This is particularly true of ryzen which is tightly tied to ram.
A single stick of ram will operate in single channel mode, degrading both the cpu and gpu performance.
Find a way to buy your 2 x 8gb up front.

120gb is simply too small for the C drive.
Many things default to the C drive and when it nears full, performance and endurance will suffer.

Try to buy a quality psu in the 650w range to allow for a future gpu upgrade.
A quality psu is a long term investment.
Look for a 7 to 10 year warranty. Seasonic focus is good.

I agree but im trying to consider the CPU power of 5650g over its predecessor.
current vega graphics are way inferior than intels atm. The 4650g (vega) vs 1030 difference is not that far.
I really do think 4650g is enough for what she needs right now.

Are there lot of instances that single bought rams with excat model, speed,etc doesnt work together? I will be researching about this. I might consider getting dual then and downgrading SSD.

This ismy biggest concern, the PSU part. I totally agree on PSU, as a Seasonic fan boy. The problem is focus gold is around $100+ which is way over budget. there is really no decent PSU under $80 that is better tier than MWE v2 bronze, tho im still thinking if MWE v2 is enough for this entry level rig. there lot of gfactors to consider and biggest is budget and price points.

4650g is Zen2, the 5650g would be Zen 3. That alone makes the 5650g the better option.

That is true but I am thinking if its worth it in my situation

---

I would like to emphasize that the major issue in this build is budget, my original budget was ($400 for PC) $500 for the whole PC set but I pushed ($500 for PC) $680 and cant do more.
Unfortunately, my partner is starting to work very soon and she needs a PC for her VA work. We can't afford to have time to save more funds.
I really do think this build, and the path is enough for what she needs right now, she is not really into gaming on PC. I just started introducing her into gaming. If ever she decides to go hardcore gamer and wanted 60fps+ on AAA games, I think she will be buying her own PC, that's on her.

I am going to think about degrading other parts to fit dual 8gbx2 ram kit.
But have decided to go with 4650g on the CPU part. Thank you for your inputs

This will show you, cpu side, how much better Zen 2 vs Zen 3 is, by comparing the 4500 vs the 5500.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsdeJszdV7I

Thank you for this, with discrete GPU it's unbelievable how bad is 4* vs 5* even 3600 beating out the 4***.
Unfortunately, given the current situation, I have to downgrade some parts on this build and can't afford to spend $50 more. If I were to build a midrange rig I would definitely go for 5600x.

Thank you for this, with discrete GPU it's unbelievable how bad is 4* vs 5 even 3600 beating out the 4**.
Unfortunately, given the current situation, I have to downgrade some parts on this build and can't afford to spend $50 more. If I were to build a midrange rig I would definitely go for 5600x.
3600 Beats 4500 because 4500 only got 8MB of cache were as 3600 got 32MB of cache, both are Zen 2 architechture which is pretty much why 3600 beat the f out of 4500 but imc strength, with 4500 are superior to ram overclocking (could clock high like 5000 APU) and 3600 usually limited to 3766mhz for best synced UCLK.

i would prolly said get the 5650G + B450 combo (still not sugesting low tier gigabyte, unless aorus) and grab 3600mhz ram (or Klevv 3200mhz ram, bolt x or cras x) since the APU would benefit from it. but even if you're planning for a gpu, faster memory (and if you know the kind of IC) would benefit Ryzen itself. Could confirm this cause i did built 2 ryzen builds with 5600g + gpu.