'Battlefield 1' Will Take Place In WWI, Arrives October 21

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WWI was a battle of attrition. Imagine cutting off the enemy supply lines and then the team who has the lower number of starving and frozen soldiers after a two-hour round wins! - kidding.

I'm sure this will be another great BF 3-4 months after the production release when they get all of the bugs worked out.

I wonder if they'll let you dig your own tunnels to sabotage the other teams trenches?

fullauto2009

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016
2142 was indeed pretty sweet. 1942 was also really good. I was all pumped for bf4, and then it sucked. terrible bugs, i just gave up on it. ill be waiting this time around. lets see if EA can do something right and launch a non broken game. cough bf4 cough sim city cough

Edward85

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016
Good to see a major FPS set in WW1, very few have been set in this period mostly mods and small indie attempts. It is a hard situation to make in to a game. I think Verdun is a good game set in the period, can't think of any others to have done very well in the period.

"we had plenty of shooters about world wars 8 years ago" In world wars? More like in World War 2 only. Between these wars and the equipment and events is vastly different a game based on WW2 is much easier to pull off.

ern88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
I really wish they would release a remastered BF2142 edition. That would be epic. Screw COD Infinite whorefare and remastered COD MW!!!!

Zebidou81

Reputable
Jul 10, 2015
Cant wait for this and ww1 has never been done like this on console before, i was hoping BF or cod would return to real history (well sort of) and was expecting a ww2 return but this is even better well done EA and Dice for taking the risk with this one and i for one will be buying and im sure it will be amazing maybe get more people interested in the era also.

Garlaen

Commendable
May 10, 2016
Hope they make a WWII game. Don't know why, guess I just want to see a more modernized version of Red Orchestra 2

I thought it would be pretty cool too if they made a WWII game with today's graphics. BF1942 had 2D soldiers on 3D maps but it was a blast to play.

I could see them making WWI fun, but I can also see it going by the way of Star Wars Battlefront (SWBF) because in WWI, you just didn't have much of a weapon selection or attachments for them either. This is the same in SWBF.

This WWI game better have spectacular maps, an incredible campaign and co-op mode as well as multi-player and other things to make up for a real lack of customization.

Jeffrey Barone

Honorable
Apr 18, 2013
I was waiting for Battlefield 5 and wanted it to be more futuristic; so hopefully this is just a tribute to the original Battlefields that i think were set in the past. I am getting tired of COD spray and pray death match and was hoping for Battlefield 5 to be the save all but yet the tanks from that time period are that slow and the guns are prehistoric. I think destiny had the right idea with the MMOFPS they just failed on content e.g. DLC on disc from day one replacing a raid with multiplayer trials it just felt like a third of a game. Back to battlefield 1 a WWI game seems like it would play like basic old school FPS from decades ago but with new graphics of course. so as of right now i gonna pass.

The best part of COD is the cut scenes and their television commercials of which no actual gameplay is revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.