'Battlefield 1' Will Take Place In WWI, Arrives October 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhunt99

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014
This is by far the most bold move made in the FPS genre for the past decade, and strangely, the most different from the approach of the future in Call of Duty

chalabam

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2015
To this date DICE still has not fixed the FOV on battlefield hardline. It looks like they will never fix it, but pretend to get more money from PC gamers.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
Will there be any rail guns, RPGs, guided missiles, night vision goggles, and F-18s?
Will they add any space combat? It would be cool to be able to call in an orbital strike, in addition to missions siege missions where you defend your orbital strike satellites.

humorific

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014
I'm still waiting for Battlefield B.C., the pre-gun FPS with arrows, spears and frenchettes instead of guns, rifles, and rpg. And, artillery support provided by catapults and siege engines.

Not interested this time around even with the pretty visuals and time period. For me personally, I was hoping for a 2142 follow up. I'm disappointed and doubt I'm the only one. Despite EA's choice, I won't be buying CoD's new foray into space. I'm a BF guy to the core and will always remain as such.

*edit*

I find all the down votes to be rather hysterical. Yeah, let's down vote someone because you don't agree with their opinion instead of engaging in a discussion as to why. Brilliant.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
That's a cool movie, so where is the game? The things I remember most about Battlefield are the floaty controls and small battles. I don't think it will be as epic when its 16v16 max.

deuce_23

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
im excited going to start an anzac clan. American faction should not be in most battles as they entered the war very late. go the anzacs. there were not many country's that were not part of this war. Japanese soldiers would be cool also. i love company of heroes 2 but i think i will be spending a lot of time playing this. I might get my divorce sort now rather than after the games release. as i wont have time for her. I hope the judge is a gamer. maybe ill get to keep my computer.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
its honestly cod's to lose, they put in 6 axis maps, or even just space dogfighting, they win.

if they don't, its on dice to make the crap weapons from back then interesting... at least this isn't a brown and grey filter ww1/2 setting we have seen time and time again.

pezonator

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
The thing is, BF 1942 and CoD 1, 2 and 3 were all excellent games. To have a large scale WW1 with quick combat 64 players will be awesome fun, can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.