Battlefield 3 Beta Hacked, Accounts May Be Banned

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't use Quick Match. I filter first for North American, then 1-5 open slots, and then I sort by ping, so I mostly have a CA-based server that shows a max capacity of 32. I'm also looking at the server's name for anything stupidly obvious. I should be ok, right?

Are the hacked servers actually showing a max capacity of 128+ or whatever in the server browser or do they all just show 32 and you don't know til you join it?

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]johnners2981[/nom]Are you seriously not going to get this game because of this? Probably the best fps that will be released in the next few years, lead platform is the pc, a game that will actually test your hardware.I know I'm still getting it to support DICE not EA, plus I'm not missing out on a great game like this[/citation]

test your hardware... not all to sure, beta on my little brothers computer wont let me go full screen or change settings so i have no idea what its set to... but in all honesty if THAT is how the game looks... i honestly cant see why dx9 wasn't used, or at least developed as an after thought.

DaveUK

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2006
The very concept of banning players who are running unmodified clients and simply chance on to an illegally modified server in the regular server browser is disgusting.

However, actually attempting to use this as a reason to prevent them using games they have legitimately purchased is illegal, and technically theft.

Shame on you EA.

billybobser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Hopefully some clever soul comes up with a way to host private servers and dl hacked copies of the game to connect to it.

Wouldn't need to do this, but for EA.

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
[citation][nom]Gamer-girl[/nom]So are the conquest game mode on operation metro map an offical server or not?[/citation]
No they are not. Also they brought down all Caspian Border Conquest servers. Only legit ones are Operation Metro, Rush mode, 32 player servers. But among them are also some that are not legit.

But in the end this is oldish news because both servers and game were updated couple of days ago and this shouldn't present a problem now for people who connect through server browser.

Gamer-girl

Distinguished
May 29, 2010
Looks like I am going to get banned then, I was tired of rush and wanted a different game mode.

This is my first battlefield game and I was looking forward to the vehicles - this was the draw to battlefield for me but I can't test it in the beta.

They are just giving people more reasons to get MW3 instead :/

G

Can you please tell me who I need to contact to get account unbanned?

I have tried to contact the ea help advisors, but they tell me they can not unban me.

I have been playing online game for nearly 20 years.
I have owned many EA games, and was an Alpha and beta tester for BF3

The only mistake I have made is to go onto a server that was on the battle log list.

I went onto the server becasue it had a low ping for me.

There was no indication that there was anything wrong with the server.

At the end of the game, I suddenly received 13 million points.
I left the server thinking it was a bug only to find that the points were still there.

I searched the net trying to find out what had happened and did not find out any info on this.
Nothing found on the BF3 forums either.

I reported this to the EA help advisor chat box people, and was told not to worry.

I then contacted them again and explained that it has spoiled my game a bit, as all the unlocks are already unlocked.
The response from the advisor was don't tell everyone, they'll want it'

I explained that I was concerned that I would be seen as some kind of hacker as I had a rank of 53 after only a few days.

I was told not to worry, the advisor would put a note on my account stating that I had reported it.

I then posted on the BF3 forum stating that I had recieved these points and do not want them, is there anyway to get rid of them.

I got no replies to this.

I have continued to play the game with no other issues until Yesterday when my account was banned.

I only realised this as I could not log in, so contacted an EA help advisor who told me it was banned.for hacking.

I have never hacked a game in my life and would not know how to.

This morning I got an e-mail telling me my account had been banned and to contact the forum to get unbanned.

Please do not get me wrong, I can understand EA wanting to ban anyone who has delibrately hacked or stat padded, but I tried to report this twice.

So can you please look at the case reports to confirm this.
The look at my stats.
From memory, as I can no longer log into my account.

Win / loss ratio about 0.8
Kill / death ration about 0.5
Longest head shot 194m
hours played about 33

do these look like the stats of a hacker? If so then I must be a very poor hacker.
The only thing that stands out is one game, on one server that gave me 13 million points, that I reported to you twice, and asked to be removed.

So can someone please tell me who to contact to get my game unbanned.

Status
Not open for further replies.