Intel i5 3570 CPU
Asus GTX 560 1GB
Asus Motherboard
Cosair 4GB RAM
Cooler Master PSU 80+ rated 550W
Windows 7, Directx 11
Nvidia Driver 310.70 (Latest)
Battlefield Settings = ULTRA but no AA @ 1920x1080 Full screen
GPU Temp = 65 c @ 55FPS | 38 c @ 25FPS (Using Dxtory I locked FPS)

I just recently started playing Battlefield 3. But whilst playing 10 ~ 15 minutes of time, the application crashes. I could see windows displaying "VRAM ran out of memory". I verified using nvidia inspector tool, and I could see that the game seem to crash after exceeding 1010MB. As per the game spec my configuration is more than sufficient to play this game(Recommended is 1GB only). Also I am getting good frames > 45 normally in ULTRA and also have found GPU load and temperature are within limits.

Any idea why particularly on BF3 this issue is hopping around?, as I dont seem to have such issues with other games like Dead Island, Just cause, Crysis 2, Saints Row 3, TDU2 etc

Thanks for your valuable time.

Solution
your card can't handle ultra of bf3,
try to install msi afterburner, setup OSD so you can see vram consumption (among others)

i had a 560ti (now 670), and im on med-hi only and it uses around 900mb. when i was playing at High i had several graphic glitches so i opted for med-hi

so use afterburner to monitor your vram, use med-hi (also to achieve higher fps)
your card can't handle ultra of bf3,
try to install msi afterburner, setup OSD so you can see vram consumption (among others)

i had a 560ti (now 670), and im on med-hi only and it uses around 900mb. when i was playing at High i had several graphic glitches so i opted for med-hi

so use afterburner to monitor your vram, use med-hi (also to achieve higher fps)

Solution

xtcx

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012

Thanks, I did the same using nvidia inspector and found that after 10~15 minutes the memory reached beyond 1010MB and it crashes. Apart from memory issue and AA disabled, the game ran very well >35 FPS on average and it was smoother. Cant just believe that it sucks more than 1GB of RAM within a matter of few minutes.

determinologyz

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012

I would most def go for a better video card