Battlefield 3 Graphics Issue (GTX 580)

GregBroChill

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
So I just replaced my Radeon HD 5850 with a EVGA Superclocked GTX 580, and I believe something funky has occurred with Battlefield 3 during the swap. Before the game was vibrant and full of life on High settings, but now the higher the settings are the duller the game actually looks. It's almost as if the game settings are inverse of what they should be (i.e Ultra = Low). Low looks more like the game did previously with my 5850 on high, but the textures aren't the same quality. I Does anyone have any idea what the hell I'm talking about, or have experience with this problem? I've reinstalled the game, updated my drivers, and I have no idea what to do anymore. Is this a known problem or just a freak occurrence? I've tried to capture screen shots to illustrate the difference, but that seems to be something that's not working either. I've been testing the card on other games and so far all of them seem to be working flawlessly. Any suggestions would be appreciated, and if I didn't explain anything well I'd be happy to clarify.

P.S. Before I'm asked, I did uninstall the ATI drivers. And also I should mention I just upgraded my RAM from 6GB to 12GB at the same time I swapped out my GPU, but the swap was flawless.

Specs:

Core i7 930 (O.C. ~3.3)
EVGA x58 SLI LE
Patriot Memory Viper II 1600Mhz (3x4GB)
EVGA GTX 580 Superclocked
Corsair 850W PSU

hunuok

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2009
285.62 currently! Are there issues with them or something?

These drivers are the correct drivers for BF3.

I'm wondering if there are remnants of your ATI drivers that are conflicting with the NVIDIA drivers.

Try an uninstall of current drivers, run CCleaner and Driversweeper, then reinstall NVIDIA drivers.

GregBroChill

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010

I've done this a total of 3 times now with no solution. This is really disappointing, I never would've expected this from so expensive of a card.

metathias

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
The concept of the game looking duller could be a purposeful. When hurt in-game the environment colour will fade to shades of grey. Try getting healed =)

Should it continue. Posts shots. The screenshots should work just fine. If you cant see a difference maybe its in your head.

GregBroChill

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010

Trust me when I say it's not in my head, the graphics look god awful compared to when I was running my 5850. I know the card is quite capable of producing the same results, so I suspect that something weird is going on. I never expected the game to look any better with the swap, just to get better FPS. And I guess it's another tell tale sign that something is wrong that when I try to paste my screenshot into paint I only get a blank white image. And it's certainly not getting shot at that is giving me poor texture quality my friend lol. Thanks for the advice though, I'm almost thinking of reformatting my drive and starting over fresh to see if there is a bigger problem I'm not thinking of.