Battlefield 3 Pc. Specific BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death)

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry_hardest

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2010
Hi all
Thats my question: Has anyone on Earth REALLY SOLVED Batlefield 3´s Blue Screen Of Death? :pfff:

To all people who is going to ask me about my GFX temp, MOBO updated bios, updated drivers, power of the PSU, amperage of PSU 12V rail, and faulty RAM (one of their favourites), overclocking practices........ thanks but I don´t need that kind of help.

I am talking about the specfic cause of BSOD in Battlefield 3.

Some threads say that it is caused by a conflict between the Realtek onboard soundcard and PunkBuster.
Is there any way to fix it apart from buying a USB external soundcard?

EA support incredibly does not have the SLIGHEST idea about fixxing it. Their questions are like "Does your Pc meet the minimum system requirements?"

THANK YOU!

bumnut53

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
BSOD is usually a RAM issue in my experience. But you probably didn't want to hear that!

Why are You are not willing up check temps, change drivers, etc? something has to be wrong somewhere!

harry_hardest

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2010

I knew that faulty ram was of their favorites

harry_hardest

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2010
Hi and TX Brett

the signature is outdated:
I have 8Gb and ATI HD6870
Game runs great at medium settings. GFX temp is never over 62º and CPU never over 68º
BF3 is the only games that crashes

Spoony

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2007
i can tell you now this is a high temp issues, BF3 makes GPU's run VERY VERY hot.

what ever your card is go into your control center and turn the fan up to 50% during game play manually. i have this with my 6970 and a friend had same on his 560TI tuned fan on myself and no BSOD ever again since, same goes for my friend

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011

Yes, but he doesnt need that kind of help :lol:

lol, by definition BSOD is a problem with hardware or driver for hardware (in which case it also comes down to hardware problem) because OS throws a BSOD when it doesn't know how to handle whatever is going on. if the problem is software conflict in most cases your windows has no reason to crash. BSOD indicates that windows had no idea how to proceed.

personally I have yet to see a single BSOD that was caused by software other than driver

jmarcinue

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
i agree with him..PEOPLE it is not the hardware!!its BF3!ive reformatted both tried 64 and 32..all possible tweaks on fix!!stock settings everything..even under clocked my 5870!tried deactivating audio via bios..and unlike some commentors who arent experiencing this fking phenomenon ea has awardingly developed..congratulations EA..you are the first developer to ever released a game to retail BROKE and isnt fking getting sued like crazy!!you did it!!yess you did!!!can u guys imagine my face when they released premium and other announced dlcs!!"the game still crashes,mthrfkers!!!!!!!!!"

in short bf3 is fked!!i had better experience in their beta for godsake(no bsod at all!!crashing sure,it is fking beta)..when i bought the retail..immediately when i played multiplayer it starts crashing to desktop or BSOD after a few minutes or randomly after a couple of matches..

and for godsake try to also consider the track record of EA and dice..out of all clusterfucks this has been their no1 epic fail ever..to release a game that basically is a win or lose for certain systems..to release a game that is basically half cooked..thats not even built for PC and was fking intended for console first.(what u dont believe me??why do u fking think there is no VOIP?this is the first BF ever not intended to be on PC first!!

.the problem: NO it doesnt happen to all PCs..but if your one of the people who may have got a setup(either a part of hardware or fking something that seems the game that doesnt go well with)that doesnt go along with the game..you are fked..some people managed to fix the game by basically buying a new PC..seriously..is that even a fix??the BETA to retail differences on my PC alone proves that they fked up some sort of registry that basically overloads my system. WOULD have been a great game for everybody..if ea didnt put their dumbassery in it..i repeat the GAME is basically a gamble if it likes your system or not..its not your system..its the game!!THE FKING GAME!!

argument is invalid if they say another "there has to be something wrong with your settings/hardware/this that sht shat"...to the author..i feel you bro and experiencing it too..this is like fking AIDS or something

well i run bf3. and dont run realtek so the guys saying it may be the problem may have a point.. i have no issues at all with bf3 apart from the long first map load time of 45 seconds. then again theres 64 guys all with different systems that all manage to get it to work every night. as do the 400,000 the play it every day. so my guess is user error. they probably for got to enable or set hpet properly in bios. so bf3 would bsod pretty quickly as soon as it was required to do precision math. then again the user may just have itunes running it the background. who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.