Battlefield 3 PC will Be ''Lead Platform''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
oh, youtube radiosity on Frostbite 2.0

They have managed to implement real time GI (more impressive than CE3's GI).

Glad to see PC game tech is being pushed forward again

icebug

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
as long as it has a real dedicated server that I can install myself on any machine im game. none of this, "oh its a dedicated server but you have to have it on our systems and pay us money for it." How am I supposed to host a LAN party for your game without a local dedicated server?

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Wonder if there's any chance you can use your same BF2 account? Sure hope so, otherwise whats the point in building your rank other than bragging rights??

jprahman

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
Wow now I'm bummed out because I really want to play this game online but with my crappy internet connection that's not happening. I'm a huge fan of multiplayer in games like BF2 where you basically get to have platoon on platoon type action with combined arms combat, I think it's funner than something like Black Ops which gets a little repetitive with foot combat only.

NatureTM

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
You know, I really just hope it feels like BF2. I've played just about every shooter on the PC, and BF2 always felt different. I think the vehicle controls of BF2 have not been matched to this day. You cold get crazy good with jets and helis if you put the practice in. Same with infantry. There was plenty of depth, so learning how to use the different kits and strategies was time-consuming and rewarding. Teamplay was fantastic, and every kit filled a niche necessary for a successful round. I still pop in for a round of Wake Island every once in awhile. The tactics are still evolving, and players are still getting better, even after this many years.
So yeah, I guess you can tell I love BF2. If you haven't played it, it's pretty cheap nowadays, so pick it up!
...and for the love of god DICE/EA, please don't forget how great BF2 was and try to make some COD clone.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Just about everything checks out so that this will hopefully be an awesome pc game. Everything except one: modding tools.

If you own BF2, then you have probably also heard of both Project Reality and Forgotten Hope 2. These are 2 mods that have reached the top of the charts every year on Moddb.com. BF3 may be an extremely awesome game, but w/o modding tools I don't think it meets the hype surrounding a true BF2 successor.

I also think the line about the "complexity" of Frostbite 2.0 being the reason mod tools are not being initially released is a big fib. If the people at Dice understand Frostbite 2.0, then there are people in the modding community that can understand it. Maybe they just don't want to release it or don't want people making mods for it.

Anyways, enough ranting. I will be buying the game regardless of modding tools. I expect it will be an awesome pc game to play. I DO hope that the vanilla release version is better about bugs than the BF2 release was.

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
hmm 64 ppl so will this game actualy haw maps then ? not 5 feet wide and 100 feet long. well if it is a 11out if 10 i might get it but i did promis not to buy eny more bf till i get my 1943 to pc. beside the 2and game got some whot ruend by the incredible bad shadows 5 years back had better. but most of all the fact that you cant lie down. its like your in a car when you are running whit your avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.