Battlefield 3 Shows Up At GDC, Looks Great

Status
Not open for further replies.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Now THAT is what I'm talking about. THAT is why I just bought a second GTX 470. PC, for the win for sure. But I bet it will look good on consoles as well. It seems Dice knows what they are doing when it comes to optimizing their frostbite engine. Hopefully we can start to see more games that properly use high-end hardware. Can't wait to play!

G

I love BF and this looks awesome! The shadows and lighting look sweet. Will have to upgrade before this comes out...

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]quixilver1[/nom]Must download pre-release copy off of pirate bay. Stolen game of the year, definitely.[/citation]

Alright, so you are either kidding or trolling. In any case, we as pc gamers need to make a conscious effort to warn AGAINST piracy, especially for a game of this magnitude. We need to give developers the sense that pc gamers will NOT take advantage of their hard work. Pirating this game on PC would just be a slap in the face to the people that promise that it was developed FOR THE PC. If the game is as good as it looks, who cares if they make a ton of money off of it? I would rather a pc-first developer make a ton of money than a console-first developer.

Also, I don't think anyone should be griping if this game is priced at $60. If this game lives up to the hype surrounding it, we as pc gamers should not complain about an extra $10. Plus, we are getting THE best version with THE most longevity. Why should we not pay at least as much as the console players who get the watered down version?

Alright, rant-mode off :)

slothy89

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2011
[citation][nom]Bigmac80[/nom]Maybe i should buy the GTX 590 or AMD 6990 LOL...[/citation]get 2 while your at it, quad SLI/xFire might be the only way! Haha..

Hoping my i7 SB w/ 460's in SLI will run full spec
*crosses finger.. then toes*

quixilver1

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
[citation][nom]touchdowntexas13[/nom]Alright, so you are either kidding or trolling. In any case, we as pc gamers need to make a conscious effort to warn AGAINST piracy, especially for a game of this magnitude. We need to give developers the sense that pc gamers will NOT take advantage of their hard work. Pirating this game on PC would just be a slap in the face to the people that promise that it was developed FOR THE PC. If the game is as good as it looks, who cares if they make a ton of money off of it? I would rather a pc-first developer make a ton of money than a console-first developer.Also, I don't think anyone should be griping if this game is priced at $60. If this game lives up to the hype surrounding it, we as pc gamers should not complain about an extra $10. Plus, we are getting THE best version with THE most longevity. Why should we not pay at least as much as the console players who get the watered down version?Alright, rant-mode off[/citation]

Calm down, Texas. All in fun. :)
Think I might skip this one anyways. Wait for the Activision/Dice merger and buy Battlefield of Duty.

silky salamandr

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Finally a game that will over run COD. This will look fantastic at 2560 x 1600 res, with a new 8 core bulldozer at 4ghz, 12gb ram and a AMD 6990 4Gb card. Game of the year for PC hands down.[/citation]

When is "bulldozer" coming out again? Who said it can reach 4ghz?
I think I missed the announcement at GDC. Oh wait, there wasnt one.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]quixilver1[/nom]Calm down, Texas. All in fun. :)Think I might skip this one anyways. Wait for the Activision/Dice merger and buy Battlefield of Duty.[/citation]

Haha alright. I just can't contain my enthusiasm. But I guess I should give it more time before I start predicting game of the year awards...

I would hate to be totally wrong about this game.

ncsmetana

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
I absolutely can not wait for this! BF2 is hands down one of my favorite multiplayer PC games EVER!

Now I just hope my i7-970 and GTX 580 can play it maxed out at 1920x1080...

G

ahahaha This will show those kiddie consoles and their lame ass ports (looking at you Crysis 2) what a real FPS is..

Status
Not open for further replies.