Battlefield 4 causes my PC to crash.

DanLikesTech

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
Whenever the map changes on Battlefield 4, I either get an error called "bad_pool_caller" and I have to restart my pc, or my screen turns red and I have to restart my pc also. I am aware that this game crashes and there are so errors with some maps and many bugs, but this isn't doesn't seem normal. I also have a problem with the map Siege Of Shanghai, and the game freezes and sound loops. This is still happening after the update. If it helps with this investigation I have done a tiny bit of tweaking to the game to improve performance such as un-parking cores, and installing direct x on the game cause I have heard that EA forgot to install it. I'm running Windows 8.1 (I had windows 8, but I did the free upgrade to 8.1) and I get a message in the bottom right corner saying "Windows 8.1 SercureBoot isn't configured correctly Build 9600".

Please someone help me! I have been putting up with this for quite sometime and I would really appreciate someone's kind help. If you need more information about the problem just ask.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

DanLikesTech

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013

I am not sure how I go about finding the ones I need to update, I can't seem to find the ones I need. I have used programs that find them but I can't then find them online.

SilverDirewolf

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013
I seem to be having the exact same problem, with a very similar build. I'm running Windows 8.1 and it cause the screen to go black if I ever let the game load the next map on a server when a match ends.

I just built the PC myself this week, so I'm relieved it's not just my mistake.

My basic workaround at the moment is to quit out when the match ends (I tend to wait for it to stop showing the XP), and then join a new match myself. It doesn't fail nearly as much then. Though you can never START a match this way

DanLikesTech

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013

I do this but the only annoying thing is that sometimes the server fills up and you have to wait. Or if you are playing with friends you can join the enemy team.

KeLLer

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
I also have this problem. However i have windows 8.
But recently i bought a new monitor and it doesn't show the windows 8 crash screen anymore, it just shows a full red screen.
Hope its a BF4 related problem and that they fix it soon.

DanLikesTech

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
I actually fixed this by doing a re-install of my graphics drivers. When I did this no more bad_pool_caller or red screens on map change. The only map I have problems with is Siege of Shanghai. It seems to freeze my game quite often. But try re-install graphics drivers.