battlefield 4 fps issues

raiqed

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
hey guys,

whenever i play bf4 on high-ultra 1080p i get around 40-50 fps.
but sometimes it randomly drops to 10-15, which is unplayable.
also whenever i put the graphics down to low 720p, i get the same fps an on high-ultra.
i know battlefield 4 is buggy and poorly optimized but this is just stupid...
in other games i don't get any big fps drops.

why is this and is there a fix?

cpu: a10-5800k
gpu: 7850 2gb.
drivers are up to date

it's your CPU, it's an APU so it has a strong integrated graphics processor, but it's actual CPU portion is actually really bad, probably about as strong as an old athlon CPU

but just to make sure, monitor your CPU usage during a game, if it reaches 100% you have a problem

yeah I think so, the FX 6300 is worlds apart from the CPU of that processor you have there. But the socket doesn't fit I don't think, cause your motherboard would be FM2 or FM2+ (correct me if I'm wrong)

so the best CPU you'd be able to put on that motherboard would be a
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D7BYMB2/?tag=pcpapi-20
Athlon II X4 Quad Core, which while is an okay processor, isn't much of an upgrade, if you aren't prepared to put down some money for a new CPU/motherboard combo, I would say try to give your CPU a mild overclock to see if you can push a bit more stability out of it

SECTiON

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014

Wait2-3 months ..after that you should get working bf4 Update/patches and more stable AMD gpu drivers...but i am playing bf4 @ultra 1080p,30 fps.......with my 6gb ddr3 ram,asus r7 260x 2gb oc gpu and i5 2400 3.1ghz cpu...so you should wait a few more mounts before thinking about upgrading....also the provided update link is for pirated copies....so genuine copy users should avoid them....