Battlefield 4 Lags even with a good PC.

OptimisticGamer

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
I love the Battlefield series, but BF4 has been sort of a bummer for me. I actually love the game and how it looks but can't even play it without lag. I recently upgraded my PC and STILL have lag. I know its not my internet but I haven't completely ruled out a developer issue. These are my specs.

GeForce GTX 780 SC
Intel Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
16 GB RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium

I have tried un-parking my cores and after I did that(successfully) it only helped a little bit. The main issue though is that I get great FPS(70-120) on Ultra but about every 10 seconds or so it spikes very badly. It may be CPU spikes but I'm not sure. I'm sure you guys know more about computers than me so I would REALLY appreciate any help!

Solution
From all the numbers I seen, the best solution for i5 is at HIGH not ULTRA, because there is a point the i5 begins to choke for the GPU because it isn't built like a i7 with as many cores (which BF4 does use about HALF the CPU processing of all 8 cores at the same time in a i7 when on Ultra). I would notch it down to High and see if the 'lag spike' drops.

If not then the next thing is look at your connection. How many computers, phones, printers, whatever is on the network wireless/wired? You may need to implement QoS to keep the data pulling and sending steady without when your sister decides to watch Youtube cat videos for the 1000th time.

Bean007

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005

Hmm, spec's seem good so. Maybe there's something in the background causing the spikes.

From all the numbers I seen, the best solution for i5 is at HIGH not ULTRA, because there is a point the i5 begins to choke for the GPU because it isn't built like a i7 with as many cores (which BF4 does use about HALF the CPU processing of all 8 cores at the same time in a i7 when on Ultra). I would notch it down to High and see if the 'lag spike' drops.

If not then the next thing is look at your connection. How many computers, phones, printers, whatever is on the network wireless/wired? You may need to implement QoS to keep the data pulling and sending steady without when your sister decides to watch Youtube cat videos for the 1000th time.

Solution