Battlefield 4 Open Beta Begins October 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadRam

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
Love the Battlefield series but hate Origin. I skipped BF3 for that vary reason and will skip BF4 if they don't remove the Origin restriction.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
Probably going to skip it myself. Unless they fixed the hit detection (making it server side instead of client) which isn't likely. Though letting people make their own dedicated servers would fix that too for people close to the server.

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
I reckon I'll give it a try but I didn't much care for the Battlefield 3 beta. The whole time I played it seemed like a couple of Battlefield veterans who were really good were camping on a hill with snipers killing everyone. It was very frustrating, and I consider myself a pretty good FPS player, I have K/D ratios over 2 in several other games. I had similar troubles when I tried that Battlefield F2P game they released for PC.

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
Where does it say "open beta" in the source article? All I see is the word "Beta" big difference...

Last I checked this beta is available only to those who have pre-purchased the deluxe version game, or through the MoH deal they had earlier this year.

Not what I would call an Open beta...

legacyBIOS

Honorable
Sep 10, 2013

It's also for people that have BF3 Premium.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
mean while People who pre-ordered Battlefield 3 will get left out, they get less privileged than MOH war fighter player.

So I wont be pre-order BF4 again. screw u EA.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Im with you guys... I refuse to play any game that forces me to use origin as it is a horrible system and is just EA being D'bags to the customers (when arent they really?) and trying to compete with Valve. Plus with all the cheating in BF3 I refuse to spend 60+ dollars on a game where I get shot from across the map and head shot the instant the truck im standing in the back of stops.

amk09

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010

I think you would find that those with the best twitch reflexes on battlefield also happen to be the best players. So while on public servers its not always a necessity to have great twitch skills to do well, if you want to consistently "own" everyone you are playing with, it's good idea to hone your twitch skills.

BF4 will be a much better playable experience on the nex consoles , mainly because EA probably must have it optimised for either the PS4/X1. So I would prefer to play it either on one o those or my PC.
Excited for the single player though TBH.................................

axehead15

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013
I CAN'T WAIT!

Also, I just want to remind everyone that Battlefield players don't focus on K/D, so if you have a low K/D that doesn't mean the game is bad. We PTFO, COD players focus on K/D.

blackmancer

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2008
Origin is just the worst, they should use it in Guantanamo, make the terrorists use it. battle.whatever doesn't work in Opera, I have to run Chrome and set it to default browser everytime I want to play bf3. bf4 doesn't look like anything different to bf3. its just another cash cow. and THEY KNOW YOU"LL BUY IT NO QUESTIONS ASKED. suckers born every minute.

timaishu

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
I cant believe people still complain about origin. There is nothing wrong with the programs. You download your games and play them. I don't see what the fuss is all about. The ONLY complaint anyone can come up with is the fact some believe origin scans their computer; other than that, there is nothing wrong with origin and anyone who disagrees is unfortunately just looking for a reason to hate EA.

John Bauer

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013

No, it's because both Origin and Steam can be very unstable, I've had to reinstall both programs many many times because they get corrupted. This is also why I created my own path in my HDD. Too many times I had to reinstall games.

MorkS

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010

That is the standard with the Battlefield series. If you are new to the series people will absolutely demolish you you because you haven't broken the habits that other shooters have given you. Once you start working well with a squad, there is nothing like it.

MorkS

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010

I have to disagree...Battlefield 2 was the best of the bunch, and a big part of that was commander mode. I'm hoping that commander mode in BF4 brings about the same feelings that BF2 gave me.

Bean007

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005

BF 2 was worst out of all of them due to the hit box issue and the fact it took them too damn long to get off there asses to fix it. They should have pushed the release date back to fix dat shit.

timaishu

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010

Do you even battlefield? Yes I admit the hitbox thing was total crap, but BF2 was the pinnacle in the series. BF1942 was great, Vietnam was great, but BF2 was amazing. BC2 was fun, but it wasn't battlefield. It was just like having a bunch of karkand levels, no open world maps other than that big one released later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.