Battlefield 4 Question

Zombie615

Honorable
Feb 9, 2014
I keep reading that Battlefield 4 flourishes with more cores. Watching youtube hasn't really helped me decide rather or not I should buy the game an see how it goes for me because people are misleading on there. Ever since I installed my new gpu I've been wanting to buy BF4 but I don't want to end up wasting another $60 like I did on ESO.

AMD A-10 6700 Quad-core 3.7ghz APU
EVGA GTX 750 ti Superclocked
8gb 1600mhz (single dimm not dual-channeled)
1920x1080 Monitor Max resolution

Yes, I've looked at benchmarks everywhere. Done all the research I can handle an I'm still not convinced that I'll be able to play this game with high-ultra settings without it being choppy or crappy FPS. Something just tells me I'll be disappointed after throwing the money down an getting it home.

Any advice or suggestions? Will it run smooth at high-ultra settings? If yes please give a brief explanation on why you suggest that it will be okay to play with my specs.

Thank You

Solution
If high image quality is your main objective in going the PC route over the XB1, then I'd have to recommend just skipping this build altogether. It has everything that you DONT want to have in this game for a smooth gaming experience on high+ settings: an AMD APU, a midrange graphics card, no dual channel memory setup....it's just not a very good setup for trying to play at your desired settings at the stated resolution.

TL;DR
Save up and get faster hardware if you insist on being able to play with high+ settings in this game.

Zombie615

Honorable
Feb 9, 2014
Are you positive it wouldn't play on at least High settings with no AA? Because if I can't do better than an Xbox One with BF4 than I'm not even going to waste my money. I'll save that $60 an put it towards parts for a computer build I plan on doing in the near future.

Ghostface1994

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
Look at my specs in my Signature.
I'm running it on High 45-50 fps at 1400x900

But i want 60fps in multiplayer so i lower some settings to medium for 60 fps.

==> I have an [almost] same CPU as urs : thhe a10 6800k 4.1 GHZ
==> Your graphic card is WAY more powerful than mine : GTX 650

My opinion : GO FOR IT !

doubletake

Honorable
Sep 30, 2012
If high image quality is your main objective in going the PC route over the XB1, then I'd have to recommend just skipping this build altogether. It has everything that you DONT want to have in this game for a smooth gaming experience on high+ settings: an AMD APU, a midrange graphics card, no dual channel memory setup....it's just not a very good setup for trying to play at your desired settings at the stated resolution.

TL;DR
Save up and get faster hardware if you insist on being able to play with high+ settings in this game.

Solution

Zombie615

Honorable
Feb 9, 2014
Well I don't insist on having high settings with my current computer. I just hoped it was doable because I've seen plenty of youtube videos stating it was but as I've also said they are misleading. Anyhow my current computer is just a get me by computer. I want to build my own later on. Buying the GTX 750ti sc was just to get me into the gaming area because just the APU wasn't going to cut it at all. I couldn't even play Fable the lost chapters without it being a choppy mess lol

Thanks for the advice guys I guess I'll get it an than later on when I finally get the other computer built at least I'll already have the game. Hopefully it's still around by that time cause it's probably going to take awhile since finances aren't exactly up to par to be throwing money into building another rig.