Battlefield 4 Unusual FPS drops

lok899

Commendable
Jan 7, 2017
Hi. For some reason im getting FPS drops to 50-30 fps on my PC. I used to play high settings without problems on any map with stable FPS but now i even get FPS drops on low settings to 50 FPS. I thought its windows 10 1703-1709 problem so i installed windows 10 1607 but same problem so then i proceeded to install windows 7 but still the same problem, i tried to unpark my CPU, tried to disable origin ingame overlay,tried clean boot and older drivers but still the same problem. The only things on my mind i can try are memtest of my RAM or try to switch my GPU with an AMD R7 260x which played the game fine on medium settings. CPU and GPU doesent overheat the only thing that has pretty high temp is VRM (TMPIN1) which has around 50-60c idle and 65-69c when playing. I tried many things but none of them helped. I looked at some videos and they played the game fine. I also checked the CPU and GPU usage and non of them get 100% so there is no bottleneck. When i switched my old GPU with the new one the game played fine and it was smooth with no problems. EDIT: was playing a while on 10 player server and was dropping FPS to 40 so idk what is happening with my PC

Things tried: changing powerplan, disabling AMD cool n quiet, Unparking CPU, older gpu drivers, clean boot, setting nvidia control panel, disable origin ingame overlay, playing with game settings, install all drivers for my PC.

PC Specs: MB: MSI 970A-G43
CPU: FX 6300 (not overclocked)
GPU: MSI GTX 1050 Gaming X
RAM: 8GB DDR3
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (few weeks old,games)
SSD: Kingston A400 120GB (few weeks old,System and programs only)
PSU: Seasonic Energy Knight SS-400ET 400W

lok899

Commendable
Jan 7, 2017
I dont think its caused by my RAM because the game was running fine without those FPS drops all the time even with R7 260x GPU which was damaged and made artifacts but the game was still playable without problems.

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
my bad. thought you were playing the latest BF1. well since youve already gone as far as doing as doing a fresh reinstall of windows 7 (better you upgrade to the latest win10 now imo), and your processor isnt the fastest. most likely a windows update may have affected your CPU performance[strike]. just rollback/uninstall back to your previous windows 7 build to be able to recapture your previous performance. you can try googling "improve win 7 gaming performance".[/strike] nvm. youve already done all that. use DDU to properly reinstall the latest driver. and use Geforce experience to optimize the game for you towards performance instead of quality if you are not comfortable manually tweaking the ingame graphic options. and do it on full screen exclusive mode.
https://www.cryptocurrencyfreak.com/2017/12/08/installing-fresh-amd-nvidia-drivers-on-windows-10-with-ddu/

you might awant to visit your motherboard support site to reinstall your chipset driver as well. and BIOS update if necessary. since MSI isnt supporting your mobo anymore, you can opt to use 3rd party tools like "iobit driver booster" or just visit the intel site to manually look for chipset driver updates.
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

lok899

Commendable
Jan 7, 2017
reinstalling driver didnt helped. I also tried to use older one but that didnt helped either. Optimizing through Geforce experience didnt helped too. I installed all available drivers for my PC and used driver booster to check if any drivers need update (some of them needed update) but still the same problem. Tomorrow ill try to switch my GPU with R7 260x to see if it runs fine or not otherwise ill check RAM with memtest and update bios. Oh and btw im currently on windows 1607 because windows version 1709 seems to have stuttering problems and many people confirm it on nvidia forums (really long thread about 190 pages)

lok899

Commendable
Jan 7, 2017
Thought i got it fixed by setting single display performance mode in NVIDIA control panel but fps still drop so ill report back at friday after some testing.

lok899

Commendable
Jan 7, 2017
btw just want to ask if those FPS drops can be caused by badly seated graphic card because my card is pretty heavy and the slot isnt something special.

lok899

Commendable
Jan 7, 2017
I had pretty much same FPS drops on r7 260x (clean installed drivers) so idk where is the problem because i looked at many videos and they played the game fine with GTX 950 and FX 6300 (non overclocked)

lok899

Commendable
Jan 7, 2017

i can make a video with shadowplay so you can see those fps drops