Question Battlefield 5 FPS not close to online benchmarks

hesskia

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2008
I'm having problems getting anywhere real close to the FPS that are listed for the setup that I have (listed below). At 4k / Ultra settings, I'm getting in the high 40's most of the time, and dips into the low 40's as I play. It doesn't matter if I'm playing single player or online. DX11 is about the only mode I can play in, when I switch to DX12, the FPS drops to an average ~30, but the game is completely stuttering.

System Specs:
AMD 2700X @ Stock
X470 Gigabyte Aorus Gaming Ultra
16GB (2x8GB) Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3200 MHz DDR4 CL16
MSI VENTUS OC RTX 2070 SUPER
1TB m.2 SSD
Windows 10 Pro 1903

I have a 3 monitor setup as follows:
LG Ultrawide 2560x1080p
Samsung 40" 4k @ 60hz
Acer 24" 1080p.

It doesn't matter if I disable two of the three screens, it doesn't seam to change my experience. I've tried clocking the memory up to 3400mhz, but the frame rate didn't move. I can't go any tighter than the XMP profile, the system just hangs. I've swapped between profiles in the Ryzen Master profile without any movement in my fps.

According to every benchmark I find online using a 2700X and a RTX Super 2070, I should be getting 55-60FPS, so obviously I have a bottleneck. The CPU and GPU do not reach high temperatures and do not seem to be trotting. The FPS is being reported both by Origin's in-game meter and the MSI afterburner overlay.

My gut tells me that the RAM is too slow, or that there is something wonky going on with my motherboard.

Thoughts?