Question Battlefield 5 movement bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 4, 2021
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this bug on battlefield 5. What happens is when I'm running around on the map, my player freezes on the spot, but I can only move left and right, and to move forward again, I have to press the W key again, which is becoming rather annoying. To ensure my keyboard was working correctly, I remapped the forward movement key to E rather than W and still experienced that same bug. I play other games where I don't have that bug, so it leads me to believe it wasn't my keyboard that was causing that movement issue. Is there a setting on the game causing that bug to happen, or is it something to do with the graphic settings?

PC Hardware
  • CPU: Intel I7 10700K
  • GPU: Nvidia RTX 3070 FE
  • MOTHERBOARD: ROG STRIX Z490 - F Gaming
  • RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengence 3000Mhz
  • PSU: Corsair 750w
  • STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 980 PRO NVME, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 1TB MX500 SSD and a 512GB Samsung 850 pro SSD
PC Peripherals
  • Keyboard: Razer Huntsment Tournament Edition
  • Mouse: Razer Viper Ultimate
If anyone has a fix for this issue, please kindly share as I would appreciate it a lot thanks.

Does this happen in both SP and MP, or just MP? If it only happens in MP, especially if movement rubberbands when you unfreeze, it's likely a too high ping issue.

I only played SP, and never had it happen. I've also not seen this reported as a bug in my searches, just the entire game freezing at times, not just player movement.

I'm also not sure you can rule out your KB not being the cause, especially if it happens while pressing 3 or more keys at once, which some KBs do not support. I would think a KB of that level would, but it could just be an odd glitch that might require reinstalling the driver for the KB, or another component conflicting. Are you running any RGB lighting software on any of your other brand components for instance?

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2021
Yes, it was both MP and SP, but I figured out what was causing my player to freeze randomly. It was a program called TaskbarX that I had running in the background. With me being on windows 11, it wasn't supported, so it was glitching out, causing my player to freeze.

Reactions: Guibcordeiro
Oct 6, 2021
I'm experiencing the same issue here. Cannot move forward, just left and right, only moving forward after releasing and pressing W again. How do you solved the problem? I'm on Windows11 too but I don't have this "TaskbarX" program. I'll appreciate a lot if you could help me because this bug is so annoying!

Try googling 'turn on/off sticky keys windows 11'. I suspect it's related to that.
I'm on W10 and have Sticky Keys turned off, but I still get some of the games I play behaving strangely if I forget to lock the Windows key on my gaming mechanical keyboard that has such a feature. The weird things that can happen if I don't include, 1) the Start menu popping up onscreen, 2) losing steering control of my bike in a supercross game I play, and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting.

It's great to have a gaming keyboard with such features, but make sure you use them and lock off that Windows key!

May 19, 2022
Hello, i tried the solution which Grunvan shared in the link above, disabling the Origin in-game overlay by renaming the igo64.dll file in Origin's installation folder fixed the problem for me. You can find that file in a similar directory. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\igo64.dll ). Thanks Grunvan.

NOTE: Disabling the origin overlay via Origin settings didn't work and it didn't even disable the overlay. You either have to delete or rename that file named "igo64.dll" to get rid of that overlay.

Status
Not open for further replies.