[SOLVED] Battlefield 5 Ray Tracing stuttering on RTX 2060

May 6, 2019
Everytime that I enable ray tracing and DLSS the game starts stuttering, and I can't understand why...
I have a 1920x1080 60Hz monito, so I'm not asking too muche for the GPU and I don't care about framerate over 60 fps, but this thing makes me really crazy...

Here are my specs:
AsRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer
HyperX Beast 2x8GB DDR3-2400 MHz
i7 4790K
KFA2 GeForce RTX 2060 OC
Fractal Tesla R2 650W
120GB SSD ( Windows 10 )
480GB SSD ( BF5 )
1TB HDD

Now you add DLSS on top of that and you will hurt performance even more.
Actually, that's not quite accurate. In fact, the opposite should be true. DLSS isn't something that improves image quality, but rather it downgrades image quality to improve performance. As it is implemented currently, it's nothing more than a mediocre method of upscaling from a lower resolution to help increase frame rates. And it's not not even an especially good method of upscaling. It's been shown that simply lowering the render resolution in Battlefield V and letting it use its own universal upscaling method will provide better visuals and/or performance than using DLSS...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DOGA2_GETQ

May 6, 2019
Actually, that's not quite accurate. In fact, the opposite should be true. DLSS isn't something that improves image quality, but rather it downgrades image quality to improve performance. As it is implemented currently, it's nothing more than a mediocre method of upscaling from a lower resolution to help increase frame rates. And it's not not even an especially good method of upscaling. It's been shown that simply lowering the render resolution in Battlefield V and letting it use its own universal upscaling method will provide better visuals and/or performance than using DLSS...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DOGA2_GETQ
So you think that DLSS isn't the problem? I was wondering that too, but who knows...

May 6, 2019
So, I tried without DLSS and it seems to work good, so probably that was the problema. Thanks for the help!

In the end DLSS is a less resource intensive form of Anti Aliasing (AA) but AA will always reduce your FPS as you are sampling the frame multiple times. When you mix ray tracing (which reduces FPS) and DLSS (which reduces FPS) together you get the biggest performance hit and the RTX2060 doesn't have the horsepower to do both at the same time.

Reactions: serhiyresera

TRENDING THREADS