Question Battlefield crashing

nhardinger2003

Honorable
May 28, 2018
So I’ve been getting into playing battlefield 5 some more, however it keeps crashing and stuttering, I have no clue why. My specs for my system should be good enough to run the game. Every so often I get bsod errors for drivers or memory issues. My question is if I upgraded from 2x4 gb of ram to 2x8 gb, could this help my issue in battlefield and other triple A game’s to stop them from crashing? The driver bsod I’m not sure why it comes up because I’ve got everything as up to date as I can. Currently I can get 16 gb of Vengeance lpx 3200 for 64. Specs: 2400g b350 from asrock, 1060 6gb, 2x4 gb vengeance lpx, 600b psu. If anyone can help please let me know.

16GB of ram would help make BF5 run smoother since 12GB is recommended and 8GB is minimum required spec, but it might also do nothing for you. Your crashing may be a sign of a defective HDD/SSD or the game data is corrupted and needs to be repaired. The crashing could also be because you need more ram or possibly have defective ram. You should run memtest86 to see if your current 2x4GB ram is defective. https://www.memtest86.com/

nhardinger2003

Honorable
May 28, 2018
16GB of ram would help make BF5 run smoother since 12GB is recommended and 8GB is minimum required spec, but it might also do nothing for you. Your crashing may be a sign of a defective HDD/SSD or the game data is corrupted and needs to be repaired. The crashing could also be because you need more ram or possibly have defective ram. You should run memtest86 to see if your current 2x4GB ram is defective. https://www.memtest86.com/
The majority of bsod ive been getting have been driver related according to google, I’ve ran sfc and drive scans and all come back fine, I’ve ran memtest and sometimes it brings and others it doesn’t. I ran it for 20 minutes and it brought errors, tested each stick individually and no errors, put it back in and ran for 4 hours with no errors. I’ve tried upgrading to 16 gb but both times I did memtest had errors. I haven’t tried repairing the game yet. Maybe get the 16 gigs and I can transfer it to a new pc in a couple years if ddr4 is still around? I’m not sure because like you said, it might not help at all. I know task manager says I’m using 7.4/7.9 so it could be the memory but it only happens occasionally, other times I’ll play 3-4 rounds before it crashes.

The majority of bsod ive been getting have been driver related according to google, I’ve ran sfc and drive scans and all come back fine, I’ve ran memtest and sometimes it brings and others it doesn’t. I ran it for 20 minutes and it brought errors, tested each stick individually and no errors, put it back in and ran for 4 hours with no errors. I’ve tried upgrading to 16 gb but both times I did memtest had errors. I haven’t tried repairing the game yet. Maybe get the 16 gigs and I can transfer it to a new pc in a couple years if ddr4 is still around? I’m not sure because like you said, it might not help at all. I know task manager says I’m using 7.4/7.9 so it could be the memory but it only happens occasionally, other times I’ll play 3-4 rounds before it crashes.
You should never get memory errors when running a memory test. If you get errors with different ram kits, it means either your memory settings need to be tweaked or it could mean your motherboard or the CPU is defective. If you get errors during a memory test at 2133, it usually means the ram is defective.

What memtest did you run exactly? What settings are you using for your ram and are you using XMP or manual settings? What is the model of your ram kit?

nhardinger2003

Honorable
May 28, 2018
You should never get memory errors when running a memory test. If you get errors with different ram kits, it means either your memory settings need to be tweaked or it could mean your motherboard or the CPU is defective. If you get errors during a memory test at 2133, it usually means the ram is defective.

What memtest did you run exactly? What settings are you using for your ram and are you using XMP or manual settings? What is the model of your ram kit?
I’m not 100 percent sure as it was a wile ago when I ran the test, I know it was a full scan though. I left the memory at 3200 and like I said it found errors one time while testing, tested each stick individually and no issue, put it back together and it was fine, did that for a few hours each time. I’m honestly not sure anymore. I’m hoping it’s not motherboard because I really don’t want to have to get a new one yet.