[SOLVED] Battlefront 2 broke my GTX 770

Jan 31, 2021
While I was playing Battlefront 2 the game crashed twice, I started it again and the game crashed for the third time, this time my PC shut down, rebooted itself. I noticed my toolbar changed colors (it became transparent) so I knew there is something wrong with GPU drivers because the color change occured to me couple of times while instaling new drivers, no idea why. By the way not long time ago my GPU drivers uninstalled itself comepletly but I reinstalled it without problems and everything was wokring fine. This time I cant install drivers properly, I do it via Nvidia geforce expirience app, it installs the driver then asks me to reboot computer but after that the drivers are still not installed and GPU is not working at all.

Device manager says:
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43)

Any ideas on what happened?

So, you are basically saying that you already had issues yet battlefront 2 is to blame?
My friend the most possible thing to be at fault is your GPU being old, so it is beginning to say goodbye.

Post your full system specs and do include exact make and model of your PSU.

Jan 31, 2021
No, im just trying to give a full picture of a problem and I presumed mentioning the game I was playing when crashes happened is an important information. Before that I never had any issues playing any game.

My specs:
CPU: Intel core i5 4670k
Motherboard: AsRock B85M-DGS
GPU: Gigabyte GTX770 2GB
RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x4GB 1600mhz
HDD: Seagate ST1000DM003
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250gb
PSU: BeQuiet purepower L8 630W

I have seen that happens in too ways:
1-The GPU is already dead .
2-Thermal paste around GPU area, this situation sometimes makes the drivers crash during install, or making impossible driver installation.
I have seen that giving some maintenance , and cleaning well the GPU area solve the issue sometimes.

TRENDING THREADS