Battlefront 2 CRASHED my PC!!

May 24, 2018
I have recently upgraded my storage solution on my PC. I bought a 120gb M.2 and a 500gb ssd and kept my existing 1tb hard drive.

I clean installed windows 10 on my M.2, moved all wanted files to my 500gb ssd and formatted my hdd.

I downloaded origin to my ssd and ran battlefront 2 off of there. I have had no previous problems runnig battlefront 2 but for some reason, I experiecnced a crash after running it for a few minutes. I thought it was a glitch of sorts and ran it again. It did the same thing but this time, apon the crash, my system fans ramped up to super fast speeds. I think it might have been max speed. It stayed like that for about 2 seconds and then resumed there normal speeds.

I thought that was weird so i ran it a 3rd time and this time, it not only crashed my game, but windows itself. I got the blue screen and then it rebooted.Im scared of using it to even type this thread now. again, I have had NO PROBLEM running games on my pc. I Regularly check my cpu gpu and system temps. nothing looked out of the ordinary on this ocassion but I did notice my gpu was running at its max temperature which i thought was odd considering it usually never gets that hot when running battlefront 2 or any other game.

My build:

ryzen 5 2600 overclocked to 4.2ghz WITH STABLE TEMPS AND PERFORMANCE

corsair h115i pro aio cooler

asus strix b350: Im not sure if the format of my hdd wiped the bios of its update but i doubt it.

16gb of gddr4 3200mhz 2x8gbs

Gigabyte gtx 1060 windforce OC edition

corsair cx650m psu

1tb hdd 7200 rpm

samsung 860 evo 500gb ssd

inland 120gb M.2

Again, all my temperatures were reasonable for the game and were temps i had seen before my storage upgrade, however, the gpu was running unusually hot like i had said before.

Solution
Everything seems good in those pics. Try the "Performance Optimization" tab and see if needs to change anything. After that, the only other idea I have would be to try and install the game back to the drive you had it on and see if the game still crashes.

Good luck,
May 24, 2018
Load defualt cpu settings in bios or just reset bios altogether????
I used my bios to oc my cpu 4.2ghz at 1.4 volts
running my cpu at around 1.4 volts which i found is stable

May 24, 2018
Again, I've ran battlefront 2 countless times WITH my OCed CPU and have had no problem.

I can see how turning down the OC would increase stability but the crashes started happening after i got my new storage. Everything was stable prior to that

mgallo848

Commendable

I'll look for you but I believe Samsung has their own system health software that will check the drives. It will also check to see if the firmware needs to be updated.

Edit: Here it is, Samsung Magician Tool https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/product/consumer/magician/

I forgot but I did use it myself about 5 years ago. I had to update the firmware on my SSD (I have an 840 or 850 EVO)

mgallo848

Commendable
Everything seems good in those pics. Try the "Performance Optimization" tab and see if needs to change anything. After that, the only other idea I have would be to try and install the game back to the drive you had it on and see if the game still crashes.

Good luck,

Solution

TRENDING THREADS