Battlezone Questions-mathbox and bellows

First - In self test I get a mathbox error "L." Everything else is ok.
The manual says this is a low byte error. Is this a chip I can
identify, remove, socket, and replace? Or is this one of those issues
that will require detective work to locate?
Symptoms - Occasionally the game will display garbled graphics. The
background (mountains, volcano, moon) will be perfect, but enemy tanks,
pyramids, and cubes are messed up. Next time I power it up, the game
will be fine.

Second - Does anyone make replacement bellows? Or there any suitable
alternatives? I was thinking of making a mold and pouring in some of
that "plastic dip" stuff you coat screwdrivers with to try making my
own if I can't find another.

Thanks for any advice.
jim

Tom at www.wizzesworkshop.com had repro bellows, but he currently shows
them out of stock. I got mine from him and they are excellent, they
are actually improved over the originals and have a more consistant
feel and should last alot longer.

Might want to drop him a note and see if he plans on doing another run
of them.

Regards,

I have 2 NOS bellows for $45 the pair shipped

--
Art
"D_Zoot" <duke.zootin@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Tom at www.wizzesworkshop.com had repro bellows, but he currently shows
> them out of stock. I got mine from him and they are excellent, they
> are actually improved over the originals and have a more consistant
> feel and should last alot longer.
>
> Might want to drop him a note and see if he plans on doing another run
> of them.
>

> Regards,

45.00 for a couple rubbers, what a rip.

"James Wood" <headtrippn@aol.com> wrote in message
> 45.00 for a couple rubbers, what a rip.

Hi asslick, I was wondering where you have been hiding. As for the bellows,
the price is the price and if they dont sell so what - they take up no room
at all and eventually someone will want them at that price, if not, no loss
to me.

why buy overpriced NOS when you can buy new
at half the price?

wrote in message news:I3m%d.146056$nC5.115532@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
>>>I have 2 NOS bellows for $45 the pair shipped
>
> --
> Art
> "James Wood" <headtrippn@aol.com> wrote in message
>> 45.00 for a couple rubbers, what a rip.
>>

> Hi asslick, I was wondering where you have been hiding. As for the
> bellows, the price is the price and if they dont sell so what - they take
> up no room at all and eventually someone will want them at that price, if
> not, no loss to me.

No reason at all - if there are repros around that would be a better deal,
if there arent any to be had, or if they are out of stock for longer than
someone wants to wait . . . .

--
> why buy overpriced NOS when you can buy new
> at half the price?

>> --
>> Art
>> "James Wood" <headtrippn@aol.com> wrote in message
>>> 45.00 for a couple rubbers, what a rip.
>>>

>> Hi asslick, I was wondering where you have been hiding. As for the
>> bellows, the price is the price and if they dont sell so what - they take
>> up no room at all and eventually someone will want them at that price, if
>> not, no loss to me.

$45 shipped isn't out of line, I wouldn't sell my set for less.

what really burns me up is that I used to have 2 sets and somehow now only
have 3 pieces - amazing how stuff disappears in the warehouse

--
Art
"Gary Vitagliano" <v-dog@webtv.net> wrote in message
> $45 shipped isn't out of line, I wouldn't sell my set for less.

Taxman

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003

The website says out of stock, but I contacted him just a few days ago and
he said he had them. Sent a check, will let you know.

"D_Zoot" <duke.zootin@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Tom at www.wizzesworkshop.com had repro bellows, but he currently shows
> them out of stock. I got mine from him and they are excellent, they
> are actually improved over the originals and have a more consistant
> feel and should last alot longer.
>
> Might want to drop him a note and see if he plans on doing another run
> of them.
>

> Regards,

I've dealt with Art and consider trading with him an added value to the
deal. You know whatever you get will be honestly described and
carefully packed.

Art- I think I have one bellows, a joystick and the lower plastic
halves if you want to complete your sets. Those parts were in the
bottom of a box of 6100 parts I got in a deal (for fixing 2 monitors).
I haven't looked everything over closely yet, but will give you the
details if you're interested along with everything for $25 shipped via
Priority Mail.

Mike Doyle

Mike thanks for the kind words and I will take that deal - let me know where
to paypal or send check

--
Art