BBC's Blue Peter Awards Jony Ive Gold Blue Peter Badge

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozvip3r

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012
[citation][nom]luissantos[/nom]I can't make any sense of this article's tittle and the first paragraph is repeated twice.[/citation]
How are you being voted down??? I'm baffled! You're spot on though, how can someone possibly write such a stupid title and also not pick up on a double first paragraph. I know exactly how, not a single second goes in to proof reading any Toms' articles, ever!

SuckRaven

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
He's being voted down because he's not making poignant and relevant comments about the content of the article, but instead, pointing out the structural and grammatical mess that this article is.

Usersname

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]ankit0x1[/nom]obviously apple icrap is overprice junk....but without a doubt they look damn sexy.....atleast here, in PR, in USPTO and in court Apl excels[/citation] "Overprice junk". You need to take a look around you. Apple have generated a paradigm shift in personal tech. Sure, you can buy cheaper knock-offs of Apple lookalikes but the quality stuff made by competitors is much closer to Apple's prices.

G

[citation][nom]luissantos[/nom]I can't make any sense of this article's tittle and the first paragraph is repeated twice.[/citation]
Actually, the title isn't that badly formulated, it could of been expanded to read something like "The BBC's Blue Peter programme Awards Jony Ive its prestigious Gold Blue Peter Badge award" but I think it's been condensed for space.
And yes the second paragraph was not necessary...

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]Usersname[/nom]"Overprice junk". You need to take a look around you. Apple have generated a paradigm shift in personal tech. Sure, you can buy cheaper knock-offs of Apple lookalikes but the quality stuff made by competitors is much closer to Apple's prices.[/citation]
Exactly. Who makes a tablet comparable to the iPad 4? Nexus 10 is $100 less, but has inferior build quality and the screen isn't as color accurate (though its very sharp). The iPad 4 has a much quicker GPU which is being taken advantage of in games, illustration Apps and even in audio/music Apps (to do number crunching for effects processing). Both the iPad and Nexus 10 charge you an extra $100 to go from 16GB to 32GB.

Considering what the iPad 4 gives you it's worth the extra $100 in price.

lilcinw

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
I think that some of the senior journalists at Tom's intentionally write crap articles on occasion as a form of passive-aggressive protest over the lack of editorial review.

I remember a few months back it seemed like every article I read had some form of major error in the first sentence. You have to work at it to write that badly.

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Non-Euclidean[/nom]Only the British would have awards named after tinted sexual organs.[/citation]
Blue Peter is another word for "Papa" in the International Code of Signals meaning "outward bound".

Status
Not open for further replies.