Question BCD error 0xc0000034 - Windows doesn't start ?

Keldrilh

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2016
Hi all.

I have an old Dell Insparion with Windows 7 64bit, with some important files on it.

(I have also access to the current laptop with Windows 11 from which i'm writing).

I was tring to unistall from the old Dell the "Cyberlink Software" via control panel.

When clicking on Unistall, windows correctly opened the unistall window (that one which says "praparing unistalling").

But rather then starting the unistall, around every 60 seconds, a new "prepare unistalling" window was opened.

Even by ending the task in the task manager, the system was keeping opening new ones.

At a certain moment there were around 20 of them opened.

So i switched off the computer, and then tryed again. But again the same problem occurred.

So in order to unistall Cyberlink, I installed Revo software.

I run Revo software and after clicking on Unistall, Revo first created a system image (or restore point) I can't remember how it called it.

After the restore point was created, the unistall windows ("preparing unistalling") was opened.

And again, the computer was opening new "preparing unistall" windows one after another, as before.

So I switched off the laptop again.

But when I turned it on, the BCD error 0xc000034 appeared (the screenshot of my error is exactly the same in the link below on Dell website).

I googled it, and I found the solution on the Dell website: https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/e...ode-0xc0000034

The problem is that I don't have the Windows Installation media.

Any suggestion, please?

I will be grateful for any help. I hope it can be solved by having windows run again.

Eventually, will I be able to convert the internal hard disk, in an external hard disk to connect it to my other laptop, and save all my files?

All my important files are in around 10/15 folders all on the desktop.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Last edited:

Keldrilh

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2016
If you can make a copy of your files from the laptop's HDD, just make it now!
No, I can't do that right now because I don't have access to Windows.

The laptop stops with that blue screen before loading Windows, that I attached i my first post.

My option is to remove the HDD and put it in to an external enclosure to connect it to my other computer. I wanted to know if there is a way to restart Windows without doing that ?

No, I can't do that right now because I don't have access to Windows.

The laptop stops with that blue screen before loading Windows, that I attached i my first post.

My option is to remove the HDD and put it in to an external enclosure to connect it to my other computer. I wanted to know if there is a way to restart Windows without doing that ?

It seems that it's the best method in this situation, supposed that your HDD wasn't encrypted.