BDC Demote

Is there a way to demote a Win NT 4.0 BDC to a server
without reinstalling to OS ? I'm migrating to a new
Win2000 Server and I need to keep my old BDC online since
I'm running SQL 6.5 on it and it won't install on Win2000
Server.

No not according to MS but you can use at least
1 third party utility which can do this. It's called
u-promote.

"Jean-Francois Pouliot" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
> Is there a way to demote a Win NT 4.0 BDC to a server
> without reinstalling to OS ? I'm migrating to a new
> Win2000 Server and I need to keep my old BDC online since
> I'm running SQL 6.5 on it and it won't install on Win2000
> Server.

And where can I get this beauty please ?? :)

http://utools.com/UPromote.asp
"Jean-Francois Pouliot" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:1d2d701c42325$854c9fd0$a501280a@phx.gbl...