BDOD- VIDEO_TDR_ERROR Nvidia GTX675m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan Reynoso

Honorable
Apr 11, 2013
i really really need somesone to help me with this. please. ive had a week with this and and ive tried soo many things.
On Tue 1/13/2015 11:08:07 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\011315-7425-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (nvlddmkm+0x98BD1C)
Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFFA800F7E1430, 0xFFFFF8800FC74D1C, 0xFFFFFFFFC000009A, 0x4)
Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys
product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 337.88
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 337.88
Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 337.88 , NVIDIA Corporation).
Google query: NVIDIA Corporation VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

Solution
If you have clean installed, and attempted the clean driver installation process, which you indicated you had, then it must be hardware related.

Eliminate everything else before convicting the GPU.

Run Memtest86 for 7 passes on each memory module individually. If you have one module, run one series of 7 passes. If you have two run a series of 7 passes with each module installed by itself to determine which, if any, module has issues. This will take a while, so be patient and let it run. A FULL seven passes. You can set the number of passes in the options when beginning the test.

http://www.memtest86.com/download.htm

Run Seatools for windows on each connected hard drive. Brand does not matter. Run the short DST and the long generic...

Jonathan Reynoso

Honorable
Apr 11, 2013

ive done that already!! im starting to give up

Did you do it using the Display driver uninstaller, or did you just uninstall it as you would normally uninstall? It is not the same at all. The DDU removes ALL old GPU drivers AND registry entries as well as broken or partial installations. Using the programs and features method or the applications own uninstaller only removes a predetermined grouping of files and settings.

Jonathan Reynoso

Honorable
Apr 11, 2013

I used the DDU in safe mode.

If you have clean installed, and attempted the clean driver installation process, which you indicated you had, then it must be hardware related.

Eliminate everything else before convicting the GPU.

Run Memtest86 for 7 passes on each memory module individually. If you have one module, run one series of 7 passes. If you have two run a series of 7 passes with each module installed by itself to determine which, if any, module has issues. This will take a while, so be patient and let it run. A FULL seven passes. You can set the number of passes in the options when beginning the test.

http://www.memtest86.com/download.htm

Run Seatools for windows on each connected hard drive. Brand does not matter. Run the short DST and the long generic tests. The long generic will probably take quite a while depending on the size of the drive in question.

http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/item/seatools-win-master/

Check to see that you don't have any old or damaged partitions that might be corrupted using disk manager. When you did the installations, did you choose the CUSTOM windows installation method and delete ALL the partitions on the drive until there was ONLY unallocated space left on the drive and then install to the unallocated space allowing Windows to create the correct partitions itself?

Solution

Garfunkie

Reputable
May 4, 2015
I've had this same problem for easily over two years or so and it only seemed to stop indefinitely when I dusted out the vents with a can of compressed air, bought a Cooler Master Notepal X3, and started blowing a fan into the PC. When I don't play games I disable the NVIDIA GPU.

It might be a coincidence, but keeping that temperature down seemed to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.