News Be Quiet Announces ‘No Compromises’ Dark Base 701 Case

setx

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2014
Looks very similar to Lian Li Lancool III.

Author is a joke though: no links to official website, even 'be quiet!' links to Tom's. Are you impersonating that company now?

Jan 14, 2023
I have a different Be Quit case which I really like. My computer was overheating so I bought a Be Quit case moving the power supply to the bottom of the case and having vents and fans on the top of the case solved my overheating problems plus it really is a quit case.

rluker5

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2014
In 2017 I had SLI 1080tis with 375w TDPs each. Before that I had SLI 780tis with removed power limits that also hit 375w apiece sometimes.

I needed a side fan to deal with this heat and it's effect on the top GPUs temp was almost 10c with one slot of space between the two when they were both air cooled. The temp drop from the side fan is likely less with a single 330w GPU dumping waste heat on my D15 cooled 13900kf, but I'm sure it is keeping the fans of both my air cooled 3080 and rest of my fans quieter.

My GPU is the loudest part of my rig and cooling it directly is the best way to keep it quiet. The direct cooling of the largest heat generator in my closed case also helps dump the heat out faster.

If you want a quieter case of a high powered pc without water cooling a side fan with good directional airflow for the rest is the best way and is missing from most modern cases. But you do miss out on the glass panel and RGB, if you like that stuff.