[SOLVED] be quiet dark power pro 11 850w vs corsair rm850i

adrifoxbg

Reputable
Jun 16, 2020
In Bulgaria, traders claim that be quiet has classes above the corsair.
I really dug in quite detail, and saw that the corsair has a much higher voltage. Not so much but it costs less and has a 10 year warranty.
be quiet is effective up to 92% corsair 90% gold vs platinum
In the end, what is decisive? Efficiency or power?
Does it be quiet more as a quality and choice, or corsair remains a good choice as a warranty, powerful ?
Thank you

Solution
exactly. my bad experience with cx850m makes me think.
The cxm and Rmi can't be compared. The RMi is so much better. As I mentioned before, the rmi tests better in regards to load regulation, ripple, transient loads, etc. It is by all means the better unit outside of efficiency.

Not to say the be quiet is bad, it's certainly good. Just giving you the info. If the be quiet is more easily serviced in bulgaria then the corsair, and that's what's more important, you have your answer.

Otherwise, my vote is for the corsair.
The be quiet has a higher efficiency along the majority of its power range. The corsair does perform slightly better with ripple suppression, load regulation and inrush current, but it's close enough to call it a wash. They are both excellent units and I'd be hard pressed to recommend one over the other. For efficiency, it really depends on how you use the pc and the cost of electricity where you live. If the pc is on 24/7 and the electricity cost is high, the platinum will save money in the long run. Otherwise, the expense of a platinum unit over a gold unit isn't worth it unless the cost difference is small.

adrifoxbg

Reputable
Jun 16, 2020
The be quiet has a higher efficiency along the majority of its power range. The corsair does perform slightly better with ripple suppression, load regulation and inrush current, but it's close enough to call it a wash. They are both excellent units and I'd be hard pressed to recommend one over the other. For efficiency, it really depends on how you use the pc and the cost of electricity where you live. If the pc is on 24/7 and the electricity cost is high, the platinum will save money in the long run. Otherwise, the expense of a platinum unit over a gold unit isn't worth it unless the cost difference is small.

Well, the computer works 24/7
I am not so much concerned with efficiency, but with quality and quietness.
The difference in price is about 45 euros.
be quiet is semi a corsair full modular.
be quiet is heavier power supply about 3 kg and a half

I really dug in quite detail, and saw that the corsair has a much higher voltage.

Higher voltage? All ATX PSUs put out the same voltages.

be quiet is heavier power supply about 3 kg and a half

Not that weight is a gauge of quality (it's not), but....

The beQuiet weight includes the fixed cables. Corsair's weight doesn't include any cables.because it's fully modular. FWIW, the total weight of the RM850i is 3.96kg.

Also, since you're talking about the RM850i, and not the RM850x, you need to take into consideration that the PSU also has real time monitoring and logging via iCUE. I'd say for €45 less than the beQuiet, that's a heck of a deal.

adrifoxbg

Reputable
Jun 16, 2020
Higher voltage? All ATX PSUs put out the same voltages.

Not that weight is a gauge of quality (it's not), but....

The beQuiet weight includes the fixed cables. Corsair's weight doesn't include any cables.because it's fully modular. FWIW, the total weight of the RM850i is 3.96kg.

Also, since you're talking about the RM850i, and not the RM850x, you need to take into consideration that the PSU also has real time monitoring and logging via iCUE. I'd say for €45 less than the beQuiet, that's a heck of a deal.

i can't upload a picture to show you the 12v power difference
but even here on the site are described in detail, I will ask you to take a look.

adrifoxbg

Reputable
Jun 16, 2020
Both units are quality and exceedingly quiet, unless you run the units close to max wattage, you likely wont hear the fan on either unit.
Idk why they only gave a 5yr warranty, it really should have 10 or at least 7.

Since the corsair scores marginally better and has the 10yr warranty, that's what I'd get.

I am a Linux user, I do not play games, I doubt it will reach a high level of load
with the corsair the fan may not turn on at all, be queit has an active fan in principle
corsair cables are flat, be quiet there are native cables

i can't upload a picture to show you the 12v power difference
but even here on the site are described in detail, I will ask you to take a look.

I think you mean "current" or "wattage", not voltage. +12V is +12V. V = Voltage. Higher "voltage" would be 13V, 14V, etc. I think you're getting your terms mixed up.

I am a Linux user, I do not play games, I doubt it will reach a high level of load
with the corsair the fan may not turn on at all, be queit has an active fan in principle
corsair cables are flat, be quiet there are native cables

Then why get the RM850i? Why not an RM850x? Or, since you don't need that much power, a smaller PSU like a RM750x or RM650x?

Reactions: maxamillionfeettall

adrifoxbg

Reputable
Jun 16, 2020
I think you mean "current" or "wattage", not voltage. +12V is +12V. V = Voltage. Higher "voltage" would be 13V, 14V, etc. I think you're getting your terms mixed up.

Then why get the RM850i? Why not an RM850x? Or, since you don't need that much power, a smaller PSU like a RM750x or RM650x?

Well, I like to have more, you never know when you'll need it.
rmx has no fdb fan
by the way, watts, my mistake.

AngelJin

Commendable
Jun 19, 2020
Modular vs semi modular doesnt make a difference. Modular has none cable semi has the 24 pin and 8 pin cpu attached that are must for the pc. As ppl mention both psu are good brands and since u set ur eyes on them i think that u want to buy the be quiet cause u probably have some other product and u know how quiet they are and the only factor that stop u is the warranty ( correct me if i am wrong). Well 10 years beat 5 but 5 isnt a small time either and who knows what happen in 1-2 years we may need in 3-4 years to use 1000 watt minimum.

Reactions: adrifoxbg

adrifoxbg

Reputable
Jun 16, 2020
Modular vs semi modular doesnt make a difference. Modular has none cable semi has the 24 pin and 8 pin cpu attached that are must for the pc. As ppl mention both psu are good brands and since u set ur eyes on them i think that u want to buy the be quiet cause u probably have some other product and u know how quiet they are and the only factor that stop u is the warranty ( correct me if i am wrong). Well 10 years beat 5 but 5 isnt a small time either and who knows what happen in 1-2 years we may need in 3-4 years to use 1000 watt minimum.

of course.
yes, 10 years is more pleasant than 5
at this stage 10 generation i9 with rtx 2080 requires a maximum of 720w with 5 fans of 140mm, ssd
What awaits us with rtx3000 who knows, but I don't need a gaming video card for the latest games anyway, and I guess 650w will be enough for me there in the worst case scenarios
The truth is that I first took a pure power 11 600w after a few months the fan started to make noise, I waited for 1 month, I replaced it with cx850m not long after I had the same problem with the fan, plus buzzing, I wait 1 month for service again and I'm already furious.

Last edited:

AngelJin

Commendable
Jun 19, 2020
I agree mate both psu seems solid choice so go for the one that seems more appealing to u( price, warranty,how the cable will look.) Go for be quiet i just read ur latest post. But atm moment dont forget that psu prices are up.

adrifoxbg

Reputable
Jun 16, 2020
I agree mate both psu seems solid choice so go for the one that seems more appealing to u( price, warranty,how the cable will look.) Go for be quiet i just read ur latest post. But atm moment dont forget that psu prices are up.
it is really expensive for Bulgaria
240 euros
but if I know that I will not have more problems, I am ready to give them
and probably if i had connected with corsair in america i would have gotten the result ...

Reactions: AngelJin

AngelJin

Commendable
Jun 19, 2020
Yeap i know the feeling 2 days seaching and the product is out of stock or need 30 days to deliver. I have some be quiet fans in my case and they are super good i never hear them the noctua fans i have same rpms and they make a liitle sound. Be quiet strong selling point is that everything is quiet and the quality is real good. U can always find a bad product but since the warranty is 5 years i think u will have no issues to replace it the only problem i see is if u dont have a second psu to use u will lose ur time waiting instead of doing something productive.

adrifoxbg

Reputable
Jun 16, 2020
Yeap i know the feeling 2 days seaching and the product is out of stock or need 30 days to deliver. I have some be quiet fans in my case and they are super good i never hear them the noctua fans i have same rpms and they make a liitle sound. Be quiet strong selling point is that everything is quiet and the quality is real good. U can always find a bad product but since the warranty is 5 years i think u will have no issues to replace it the only problem i see is if u dont have a second psu to use u will lose ur time waiting instead of doing something productive.

I don't have a backup power supply, in fact the machine has been stopped for 1 month, everything is working in principle, it doesn't work now.
This is exactly what I explained to them that this is not a gaming machine but for work, but by law warranty products are serviced for 1 month and they do not care much.
my case is zalman z11 neo the fans are audible but it is acceptable.

AngelJin

Commendable
Jun 19, 2020
Thats too bad i have 2 psu units for that reason some ppl sell the old one but i tend to keep for troubleshooting. U should think to invest in a 2nd one i know not optional but if u lose money w8ing it worth the investment.

adrifoxbg

Reputable
Jun 16, 2020
Thats too bad i have 2 psu units for that reason some ppl sell the old one but i tend to keep for troubleshooting. U should think to invest in a 2nd one i know not optional but if u lose money w8ing it worth the investment.
the purpose of this post was actually whether it is worth giving more for be quiet

TRENDING THREADS