Be Quiet Dark Rock 3/AMD board RAM clearance

Danze1984

Reputable
Sep 29, 2015
My Arctic Freezer 13's fan has died, so I've ordered the Be Quiet DR3 (Not pro version). I know my Corsair Vengeance RAM won't fit but I can swap some HyperX Fury from my other PC. Just wondering if I can use all 4 slots with this cooler, because I'm not really up for buying 2 sticks of 8GB when I've only just bought the 4 HyperX Fury (4x4GB). This is for my Asus M5A97 R2.0/FX6300 combo. Anybody else have this setup and know if it will work? Thanks.

Solution
It should fit fine provided the cooler fits your case. HyperX Fury is pretty close to being low profile ram. Vengeance is a bit of a pain because it's quite a bit taller than most other ram sticks. Unfortunately they didn't think to make a removable top on them like the g.skill triton's.
It should fit fine provided the cooler fits your case. HyperX Fury is pretty close to being low profile ram. Vengeance is a bit of a pain because it's quite a bit taller than most other ram sticks. Unfortunately they didn't think to make a removable top on them like the g.skill triton's.

Solution