Question be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 and RAM clearance

May 21, 2020
Hey there everyone,

So I recently built my first rig by myself and these are the specs of it:

Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core (3.6GHz-4.4GHz) 36MB AM4 (includes stock Wraith Prism stock CPU cooler)

GPU: MSI GeForce® RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO 8G

PSU: BitFenix Whisper M 550W 80+ Gold

RAM: G.Skill Kit 16GB (2 X 8GB) DDR4 3600MHz Ripjaws V Red CL19

SSD: Western Digital Black SN750 NVMe 500GB SSD M.2 PCI Express 3.0

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm 256MB SATA III

Case: be quiet! Pure Base 500 (with tinted side window)

So I have been thinking about getting a different CPU Cooler, namely the Dark Rock Pro 4 or Dark Rock 4.

I did some research online and I heard quite a bit about the Dark Rock Pro 4 having issues with RAM clearance? Will this be the case with Ripjaws V? Furthermore, will the Pro block one of my RAM slots, thus I won't be able to upgrade to 32 GB of RAM by using all 4 slots? If that is the case then I would rather go for the Dark Rock 4 instead to have option to use all 4 RAM slots in the future.

Or do you have other suggestions for CPU Coolers? What about the following ones? (for example the Cryorig R1 Universal or Noctua- D15 etc.)

I hope I could explain myself clearly and I would appreciate any advice in this regard.

I have the same board with the same cooler and I have 43mm Trident Z Neo RAM and I have no problems using the second and fourth slots. The Gskills Ripjaws V Red are 42mm. You should have no problem with the clearance. You can even raise the fan a bit but you won't have to.