Review Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro V and Dark Rock Elite Review: Kings of Quiet Cooling

Albert.Thomas

Prominent
Staff member
Aug 10, 2022
At this point I think I am going to have to buy Albert the Arctic cooler components I want him to test. The Arctic freezer II 360mm and 420mm AIOs are not on any of the charts unfortunately.
I have thought about re-testing the LF2 series, but unlike other companies Arctic knows how to count to three ;)

Maybe I'll have to pull out the LF2 360 at that time :p

Reactions: helper800
Dec 11, 2023
Good review about nice coolers. However, one sentence in the Conclusion doesn't quite make sense:

"Trying to decide between the two? I’d advise spending the extra $10 on the Elite model for stronger cooling. Even in the quiet mode it performs better than the Elite."

The Elite performs better than the Elite...? 😉

sam buddy

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
@Albert.Thomas

The charts are a bit messed up methinks. The CPU package ΔΤ @ 175W chart appears twice under 175W Cinebench Results, while the Noise Levels @ Default Fan Curve chart for the 175W Power Limit also appears under the No Power Limits Thermal Results, probably in place of some other chart.

Thanks for the review and plus one for Arctic cooler reviews.

Albert.Thomas

Prominent
Staff member
Aug 10, 2022
@Albert.Thomas

The charts are a bit messed up methinks. The CPU package ΔΤ @ 175W chart appears twice under 175W Cinebench Results, while the Noise Levels @ Default Fan Curve chart for the 175W Power Limit also appears under the No Power Limits Thermal Results, probably in place of some other chart.

Thanks for the review and plus one for Arctic cooler reviews.
It looks like an error occured when they updated the article yesterday, I'll let the editors know ASAP.

Thank you for the report!