Be Quiet! PSU

Ioio2209

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
Hi guys

I am building my first gaming rig. I need to decide on a quiet and good PSU.
- cooler Master Storm Trooper
- Asus Maximus V Formula
- Intel I5 3570k
- Be Quiet! Dark Rock 2
- 8Gb Corsair Vengeange Pro
- Asus GTX 680 2Gb

I would like to ask for your opinion regarding the power of the PSU I would need. I want to go for the 650W. Is it enough for this gaming rig?

Solution
For a system using a single GeForce GTX 680 graphics card NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 550 Watt or greater system power supply that has a maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 38 Amps or greater and that has at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors or one 6-pin and one 8-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors depending on brand and model of the graphics card.

For a system using two GeForce GTX 680 graphics cards in 2-way SLI mode NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 750 Watt or greater system power supply that has a maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating...
For a system using a single GeForce GTX 680 graphics card NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 550 Watt or greater system power supply that has a maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 38 Amps or greater and that has at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors or one 6-pin and one 8-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors depending on brand and model of the graphics card.

For a system using two GeForce GTX 680 graphics cards in 2-way SLI mode NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 750 Watt or greater system power supply that has a maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 53 Amps or greater and that has at least four 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors or two 6-pin and two 8-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors depending on brand and model of the graphics card.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Sufficient Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) rated at 45°C - 50°C ambient temperature, is the most critical factor.

Overclocking of the CPU and/or GPU(s) may require an additional increase to the maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current ratings, recommended above, to meet the increase in power required for the overclock. The additional amount required will depend on the magnitude of the overclock being attempted.

Solution