Review be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX 360mm Review: Colorfully Cool

Does this have a 240/280 version without RGB, by any chance? I ask that because it would be nice to compare how much extra cooling that extra radiator space gives you, hehe.

On the other hand, the new CPUs are going to be power hungry and Raptor Lake seems that it'll go happily to 300W fully unlimited, so maybe adding a 350/400W test is not so far fetched anymore? Hm... In any case, a full bore test is always important regardless, I'd like to say.

Overall, seems ok as a cooler? Definitely bonus points for having a serviceable tank/reservoir.

Thanks for the review.

Regards.

Reactions: Albert.Thomas

Albert.Thomas

Prominent
Staff member
Aug 10, 2022
Does this have a 240/280 version without RGB, by any chance?

They do have both 240 & 280mm versions of this cooler, but not without RGB.

On the other hand, the new CPUs are going to be power hungry and Raptor Lake seems that it'll go happily to 300W fully unlimited, so maybe adding a 350/400W test is not so far fetched anymore?

I am genuinely afraid of what it will take to cool Raptor Lake without power limits, barring some sort of engineering magic which makes it easier to cool.

Thanks for the review.

:)

toooooot

Prominent
Aug 2, 2022
Has anyone had one AIO for 4+ years? I am a bit sceptical about AIO.
Dont they eventually break? And then leak. And then burn PC parts.
I would like to see statistics.

Sleepy_Hollowed

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2017
Has anyone had one AIO for 4+ years? I am a bit sceptical about AIO.
Dont they eventually break? And then leak. And then burn PC parts.
I would like to see statistics.

I have, the last one I had I had it for 6 (Corsair), this one is going on almost three from Coolermaster.

That being said, no software is a massive, massive plus for those looking for performance (no software sucking CPU/RAM) and not having issues with conflicting software polling hardware.
Just because of that I'm putting this on my short list.

Nov 22, 2022
Be Quiet sells 2 x 360mm coolers, the Pure Loop reviewed here, and the Silent Loop which appears fancier on their website.
I'm surprised the review did not mention the Silent Loop.
Does anyone knows what the difference between is?