Question be quiet purebase 500dx leds flickering

diego_26

Honorable
May 13, 2017
so i build a pc in this case, i didnt connect the argb controller to my mobo cause the case supports 5v and my mobo is 12v, i only plugged the sata power cable to the leds of the case, so at first glance the case controller works fine, you can change some effects and colors, the problem is that after a while you can notice some weird random flickers, like light intensity changing suddenly or the leds would flicker in a random color for a second, is the case controller defective?

Lutfij

Titan
I'd ask you to keep an eye open in case you see that the LED's shut off or are inoperable. You should also find it beneficial to inform your seller and Be Quiet! pertaining the matter in case you need to initiate an RMA. Out of curiosity, can you please pass on the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
please include the age of the PSU as well.

Including a video of the issue you've described would also be of assistance(it can later serve as proof in case you do need to RMA the case).

diego_26

Honorable
May 13, 2017
I'd ask you to keep an eye open in case you see that the LED's shut off or are inoperable. You should also find it beneficial to inform your seller and Be Quiet! pertaining the matter in case you need to initiate an RMA. Out of curiosity, can you please pass on the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
please include the age of the PSU as well.

Including a video of the issue you've described would also be of assistance(it can later serve as proof in case you do need to RMA the case).
yeah for sure here are my specs:
mother: z370 aorus gaming 5
cpu: i7 8700k 4.8ghz
ram: 16 gb corsair 3000mhz
gpu: rtx 3070 tuf gaming
ssd x2: sata 250gb/ M.2 500gb
psu: evga 700w br (1 year old)

i think there´s a problem with the case itself, i already contacted bequiet, they will reply on monday i guess, but i dont really want to rma, i already assembled everything nice and clean, i hate the idea of disassembling only for a couple of lights failing, some people said that removing and ataching the front panel is a possible fix, i would try that, thanks for your response!

Lutfij

Titan
The front panel's LED actually work via contact pins. It'd be a good idea to inspect the pins and the PCB behind the front fascia, which could explain why the lights might flicker after a while...perhaps a loose connection as the pins or the controller gather heat?

diego_26

Honorable
May 13, 2017
The front panel's LED actually work via contact pins. It'd be a good idea to inspect the pins and the PCB behind the front fascia, which could explain why the lights might flicker after a while...perhaps a loose connection as the pins or the controller gather heat?
Yep thats a nice theory, i would look into it and let you know the outcome

Reactions: Lutfij

diego_26

Honorable
May 13, 2017
update: the case led controller get its power from a sata cable, i was using the same sata cable that was powering my ssd, i mean the same cable but splitted, so i grabbed another free power sata cable from the psu and plugged it into the controller, the problem is almost fixed entirely, the lights doesnt change its intensity anymore, but i would still notice a very sporadic random purple flicker on the leds, i removed and put back the front panel but the issue still persists, the weird thing is that i didnt notice this flicker when the pc is idling, mostly i noticed it while gaming, so i dont know, the good thing is that the lights are consistent now, and dont flicker in low intensity like before, that random flicker in a random color seems to be something i would have to live with haha, thanks for your help

Lutfij

Titan
the weird thing is that i didnt notice this flicker when the pc is idling, mostly i noticed it while gaming
If you're able to source(borrow) a PSU that's reliably built and higher in wattage than the one you currently have see if that unit produces the same issue. The flickering happening only when you're taxing the build would indicate a shortage of power(for lack of a better term).

diego_26

Honorable
May 13, 2017
the weird thing is that i didnt notice this flicker when the pc is idling, mostly i noticed it while gaming
If you're able to source(borrow) a PSU that's reliably built and higher in wattage than the one you currently have see if that unit produces the same issue. The flickering happening only when you're taxing the build would indicate a shortage of power(for lack of a better term).
700w shouldn be enough for my system? i mean the rtx 3070 + i7 8700k isnt that demanding, and evga is a nice psu brand